Director - Raw Materials
Brand: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Location: Fort Myers, FL
This position is primarily responsible for serving as the strategic leader behind the raw material sourcing department; guiding the research, development, and sourcing of raw materials that are trend, customer and brand right, while working within lead-timeparameters and maintaining pricing structure. Directs efforts to support FAS strategy of leveraging the combined purchasing power and developing relationships withmaterial suppliers who can meet multiple objections of: right fashion/innovation, price/value, quality/color, and delivery speed/reliability.
- Directs the research and development of new materials ensuring raw materials are in accordance with brand aesthetic, lead-time and cost strategy.
- Directs all raw materials sourcing strategies.
- Directs the cost reduction initiatives to meet corporate goals and drive process improvements. Identifies and implements strategies for streamlined workload in partnership with Sourcing, Suppliers and overseas offices.
- Directs and drives the research for seasonal fashion raw material trends to cross functional teams. Interprets design concepts to provide commercially viable raw materials. Defines, drives, and executes a seasonal raw materials strategy. Keeps Chico's FAS on the cutting edge of raw materials and innovation.
- Ensure raw materials developed are commercial and pass FAS requirements. Ensure cross functional partners are fully supported regarding technical textile testing and problem solving.
- Directs reporting necessary to support the Brands.
- Leads the development of core raw materials on a seasonal basis. Attends key Brand meetings as needed to drive raw material strategies and represent team.
- Partners with Design and Merchandising teams and suppliers on raw materials research and development related issues. Partners with cross functional teams (CFTs) to support on-time delivery of first quality goods that meet margin requirements.
- Establishes & maintains relationships with raw material suppliers for immediate need resolution and future development opportunities.
- Leads on-boarding efforts with new vendors.
- Leads and directs team activities that ensure functional KPI's are achieved.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree required; preferably in Fashion Design or related field
- 10+ years' experience in managing raw materials research and development within the apparel industry; inclusive of 3+ years managing a large department of teams
- In depth technical knowledge in relation to full raw material supply chain and process inclusive of yarn, knitting/weaving, dyeing/finishing, wet and dry processing, prints/patterns and capabilities
- Ability to drive processes with cross functional team members
- Exceptional raw material and trend forecasting ability
- Extensive raw material negotiation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office suite; emphasis in Excel and web basedapplications
- Advanced Adobe skills
- Superior management skills, including the ability to provide leadership and motivation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for apparel business
- Ability to travel