The role will involve the development and execution of sourcing strategies supporting functional and therapeutic business areas for both small and large molecules. These will require internal business requirements building, external market intelligence assessment, and strategic spend management recommendations to identify cost savings. Implementation will include supplier performance management guidance to deliver the financial and non-financial benefits.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Align with Biopharm and Cell and Gene Therapies business units to provide business requirements, market information to support effective strategy creation and execution
- Collaborate with Biopharm and CGT units to gain early access to portfolio/in-licensed assets to assess supply chain options/strategy and operationalize sourcing plans
- Develop/lead category strategies for Drug Product, Drug Supply, Devices and manage CMO's for both small molecules and large molecules portfolio
- Develop/lead CGT category strategies for Vector, Plasmids, Logistics and manage CMO's
- Manage strategic and innovative supplier relationship management partnerships with innovative science companies to meet business goals.
- Manage first intent to commercialization interfaces with directs procurement and external supply teams
- Identify and develop new scientific innovations in the market that will have a significant impact towards accelerating or advancing Biopharm/CGT development and portfolio
- Accountable for ensuring robust and efficient contractual arrangements are in place for the category and stakeholder requirements
- Create and deliver of effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
- Build strategic relationship with a network of R&D stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition
- Develop and Implement Operational excellence strategies and plans for key regional/local suppliers to drive improvements against KPIs.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Sciences
- 5+ years' experience in R&D procurement professional with large molecule/biologics procurement and managing CMO's
- Proven negotiations, supplier governance/management and contract management skills
- Background in highly regulated services procurement; for example, pharma, healthcare, cosmetics, chemicals
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree in Business, Finance, Sciences
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.