The Director of R&D IT Program Management will be responsible for the overall enterprise application and data strategy while working closely with Voyager leadership, system/business process owners, and IT operations to ensure seamless and standardized system evaluation, implementation, integration, and support. This individual will be responsible for leading an excellent enterprise application group consisting of business partners, solution architects, and system analysts. S/he will lead IT initiatives that enable the corporate and R&D team goals as well as aligning overall IT security, infrastructure, and architecture strategies.
Reporting to the VP of IT & Informatics, this individual will proactively engage with the organization to enable IT solutions that advance company objectives through systems and business process optimization. The overall goal of the individual and their team will be to leverage applications, vendors, and business processes to deliver effective solutions and drive IT operational excellence. The Director will also be responsible for leading Information Technology’s compliance related efforts around GxP and regulatory initiatives in a partnership with both Quality and Regulatory.
- Aligning with Voyager’s goals, provide strategic, forward-looking vision when designing solutions to strengthen capabilities, and future integration opportunities through the development of clear strategic technology roadmaps and scalable application support.
- Lead and develop Enterprise Applications framework, building the strategy for enterprise technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Develop and lead the enterprise applications IT portfolio of services and projects while managing associated budgets and support.
- Provide cross-functional Program Management for large business process and data integration related projects.
- Lead and oversee Enterprise/Data Architecture projects, standards, principles, and implementations for R&D SaaS systems
- Work with computer systems validation team and Quality Systems management to review and assist audits of external facilities and systems.
- Provide continuous feedback to business partners regarding the priorities and status of work being performed within specified areas of the IT organization.
- Oversee IT projects from start to finish. Supervise staff, consultants, contractors, developers, and other resources assigned to the initiatives. Identify any issues with timelines or completion of projects ahead of time and work through with internal customers.
- Manage and guide the testing of business applications using appropriate methodologies and tools to improve quality, flexibility, and efficiency.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline is required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience leading Information Technology initiatives and Enterprise applications IT service delivery is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an IT leadership role with hands-on experience managing and leading multi-functional teams in a fast-paced biotech/pharma/life sciences setting is required
- Hands-on working knowledge of master data management methodologies and data governance models
- Strong understanding of modern enterprise cloud platforms and technologies
- Demonstrated experience with application systems such as Business Intelligence & Reporting platforms, Oracle/D365 ERP, Veeva Clinical Platforms, Master Data Management, Preclinical Data Management/ELN platforms, Document Management systems, or related systems is required
- In-depth knowledge of G&A, Commercial, R&D, and Technical Operations functions within life sciences and demonstrated knowledge of the applied core technologies to enable these functions to operate efficiently is required
- Ability to communicate technology solutions/obstacles in terms of business value, impact and risk
- Previous experience in leading enterprise-wide (5 or more business functions) and major technology initiatives
- Previous experience in managing a project portfolio including oversight on multiple ongoing projects is required
- Experienced in internal, external, regulatory, and Sarbanes-Oxley audit assessments.
- Understanding of data privacy regulations and laws
- Knowledge of FDA compliance principles FDA CFR21 Part11 and GxP computer system validation
- Professional certification(s) in management, technology, or similar field is highly desirable
- Ability to develop technology strategies (3 to 5 year plans) and develop additional technology solution use cases
- Demonstrated competence in key areas of leadership expertise including: relationship management, communication, staff direction and motivation, financial planning and control, quality management, risk management, and the setting and achievement of targets, department and direct report goals