Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job – it’s personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
Who we are looking for
Collaborative, analytical, and data-driven business leader with demonstrated success driving implementation of strategic business initiatives for the R&D Leadership Team. Strong track record of project management experience in a fast-paced environment is expected as is the ability to frame decisions through compelling analytics, critical thinking, and strategic recommendations.
- Identify, prioritize, and own strategic and operational initiatives driving execution across cross-functional groups.
- Drive execution on key initiatives to support the Executive Vice President, Head of Research and Development, Chief Scientific Officers agenda
- Proactive review of key strategic and financial projects
- Develop KPIs and monitor the progress of key functional initiatives
- Manage complex projects, on-time and on-budget
- Proficient ability to drive change in a matrixed environment
- Amplify R&D communication: Develop presentations on behalf of Executive Vice President, Head of Research and Development, Chief Scientific Officer for key constituents such as the Board of Directors and the Executive Leadership Team; attend quarterly board meetings and weekly meetings
- Keep executive team on task by designing and driving agenda for weekly leadership meetings, strategy planning sessions
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BS degree in related field, scientific background
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/ biotech
- Demonstrated success in corporate strategy, or R&D operations with industry experience
- Strong analytical and data driven mindset with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel including knowledge of pivot tables, lookups and array formulas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience developing presentations for board-level and C-suite audience
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with senior executives, including C-suite
- Track record of delivering value to the business with the ability to manage and prioritize heavy work load and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A history of strong project management including running business initiatives with collaboration across C-suite executives
- Professional demeanor
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.