As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Director of Quality Services Unit who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Direct the Quality Management and Performance Improvement activities to measurably enhance the quality, process and cost effectiveness of patient and customer services rendered. This position will ensure compliance with all regulatory and accrediting standards. Coordinates and participates in orientation, in services and continuing education programs. Overall leadership for Patient Safety/Risk Management/Infection Prevention programs in maintaining integration with quality and performance improvement.
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team of the Hospital, the Director of Quality Services contributes to the development of Financial and Operational Strategy, as well as, overall policy for the Hospital. This person assists in the operations of the Hospital by rotating as Administrator on Call and may be asked to further assist in the Administrators absence. This person represents the hospital and its programs in selected activities.
As a member of the Health System, participates in activities that provide for continuity of services and standardization of systems across entities and improves system growth and efficiency. Develops objectives and operational practices that ensure the critical success factors are achieved: Best place to work, most extraordinary experience, superior outcomes, financial success for reinvestment, valued as a faith-based organization, and a growing organization vital to the community.
This a Director exempt position.
- Master's degree in Health-related field or business
- Minimum 5 years experience in supervisory/management
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a hospital setting
- Minimum of 2 years in Quality/Performance Improvement
- Registered Nurse (licensed in the state of Maryland)
- Demonstrated understanding of the Joint Commission, CARF (Rehab) and Maryland accreditation and regulatory standards
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong customer service, interpersonal skills, professional demean or Project development, planning and execution.
1. Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the Department of Quality (including Patient Safety/Risk Management/Infection Prevention) activities.
2. Is consistently responsible for sharing information about the organizations initiatives and efforts to ensure effective operations, effective work relationships and informed and engaged employees.
3. Effectively manages the financial performance of the department in accordance with the strategic plan, mission, goals and values of the organization.
4. Provides leadership and direction in ensuring ongoing compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
5. Designs, implements and monitors the quality and risk management plans and prepares quarterly and annual reports for the Board of Directors
6. Provides oversight for the patient safety/risk management and infection control activities Education/Training
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCarefacilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay