What you’ll do
As the Director, Quality Operations, you will be responsible for leading, implementing, and maintaining all quality systems to meet regulatory requirements and customer expectations. This role is action-oriented, and requires managing significant complexities, and the flexibility to adapt to the needs of a fast-growing company at each size and stage of the business.
The role is located at the Care/of Fulfillment Center (FC) in Brooklyn, NY and you will be required to work on site five days per week; you will be supporting a business that runs 24/7.
Core responsibilities for this job are as follows:
- Lead and manage the Quality Operations team, while ensuring adherence and compliance to GMPs at the Fulfillment Center in accordance with foods and dietary supplement regulations.
- Forge a strong, collaborative partnership with the Operations, People, and Operations Technology teams at the Fulfillment Center.
- Manage and monitor the Quality Management System for Care/of DTC, including but not limited to Change Management, Document Control (including quality records such as electronic batch records), Non-conformances, CAPA, RCAs, Training, Complaints, and Internal Audits.
- Create and/or manage end-to-end Quality Assurance systems through finished goods packaging, labeling, distribution, and consumer experience; and revising as needed to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Oversee and manage Sanitation/Cleaning schedule and Food Safety/Defense plans and training.
- Act as primary liaison to outside regulatory agencies, i.e. US FDA, State Department of Agriculture, and other agencies and auditors as required for the business.
- Write, review, and approve SOPs to meet regulatory requirements and maintain the current library to ensure FC compliance to established procedures and be responsible for regulatory filings regarding facility registrations and renewals, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Operations, Global Quality, Customer Experience and Planning to effectively identify and communicate quality issues and achieve resolution.
- Foster a culture that sees quality as a #1 priority, and encourages cooperation, communication, collaboration, and trust; encouraging healthy conflict to get to the right outcome for the overall quality mission.
Who you are
- BS and/or MS in Nutrition, Chemistry, or other science-related degree
- 7+ years of quality experience in an FDA-regulated industry – foods and/or dietary supplement experience is highly preferred!
- People management experience required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; work independently and within cross-functional team
- Strong digital aptitude with web-based programs, video conferencing etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills.
- positive and solution-oriented approach to challenges
- Nimble and thoughtful approach to business needs
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strategic and futuristic thinking