Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women's and children's health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Director of Quality.
The Director of Quality is responsible for the oversight, monitoring, and management of Quality Operations and service line activities to ensure the smooth implementation of programs that meet the objectives related to the delivery of Clinical Quality Care. This role responsible for providing key support to the Chief Quality Officer, Clinical Medical Officer (CMO) of National Service Line, and Senior Director in driving Quality Services' initiatives and deliverables nationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with service line president or designee, as well as with clinical and operational leadership on strategic quality initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing efforts of the service line's Clinical Quality Committee and subcommittees and help maintain the highest level of perfomance.
- Establish, track, and trend deliverable action plans for performance improvement.
- Manage and provide support to national service line as it directly relates to contracting and client concerns.
- Direct the collection, documentation, and monitoring of performance measures to ensure the delivery of safe and high-quality health care.
- Collaborate with Quality Analytics and Quality Managers to develop, monitor, and produce quality dashboards; Present results to both clinical and operational leadership.
- Identify educational opportunities related to quality, safety, and regulatory compliance and provides support as needed for implementation of action plan.
- Identify key stakeholders for project planning, design, development, evaluation, and management of programs.
- Establish, implement, and monitor Evidence Based Medicine best practices and practice guidelines in collaboration with CMO.
- Implement and direct ongoing organizational needs assessments for quality, safety, and regulatory compliance and make recommendations based on the assessments.
- Analyze patient outcomes with CMO on a national level and collaborate with risk management.
- Provide oversight of systematic approach to ensure a high level of awareness of quality, safety, and regulatory and assist with root-case analyses, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Patient Safety Organization (PSO) and support Patient Safety Evaluation System and Patient Safety Work Product.
- Implement and develop best practices and SOPs with CMO.
- Collaborate with leadership of other departments including clinical services, documentation education, clinical research, IT, legal, and compliance.
- Resolve escalated issues requiring coordination with other departments or entities.
- Ensure that deliverables associated with contracts are met by vendors once Contract vetting and completion has been executed by CMO.
- Manage and review client/vendor relationships to ensure compliance, and mitigate delivery and production issues.
- Work with Sr. Director on delivery and production issues to ensure successful internal/external Quality service product delivery and operational efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with service line counterparts on quality management initiatives.
- Program management of national strategic initiatives; ensure proper visibility and management of key issues impacting successful execution of strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for tracking performance of approved business cases vetted by CMO.
- Develop and support the implementation of quality improvement initiatives consistent with the following criteria:
- Expected to positively impact health outcomes;
- Will affect a substantial number of patients;
- Expected to reduce a significant risk;
- In keeping with currently available clinical guidelines;
- Fiscally responsible.
- Support Research and Scientific Intelligence by providing needed information and resources for writing grants; applying to programs within the relevant service line; and identifying, promoting, and communicating research programs or opportunities to physicians and clinicians.
- Participate in performance/process improvements and other corporate-sponsored events.
- Attend professional meetings and conferences as necessary for networking and education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Train, coach, and mentor team.
- Manage non-exempt and potentially exempt employees.
- Assist with planning and conducting performance appraisals and talent assessments of staff; recommend merits, bonuses and promotions and administer corrective actions when necessary.
- Master's Degree in Healthcare or Business.
- 5 or more years of healthcare experience, specifically within physician services.
- 5 or more years of increasing responsibility running national programs and a product management organization, along with direct management and actionability over staff.
- Solid business acumen.
- Healthcare Technology background.
- Understanding of Healthcare billing, coding, and managed care.
- Understanding of Physician employment and compensation models that can drive productivity and performance.
- Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Understanding of Electronic Health Record systems.