O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 243 days ago
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• This position will be responsible for driving Quality Engineering best practices within MasterCard in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you lead teams who create test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs – functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
• Play a Lead role in driving Quality to help build and ship better products.
• Collaborate with our development teams and peers to enhance our existing software development processes.
• Involved in training and mentoring developers in QE methodologies, and helping them to build high quality software.
• Partner with developers and test engineers to improve and automate test and release processes
• Help make Quality as an integral part of the development process
• Play the role of a mentor and coach to drive Quality.
All About You
• Experience in leadership development and team building.
• Experience leading and managing teams in a high pressure situations.
• Expertise of agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as RALLY and ALM.
• Experience in migrating from mainframe to Cloud/micro-services.
• Proficient Knowledge in COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, DB2 Utilities, and SQL.
• Knowledge and/or experience of Java/C/C++ development
• Knowledge/Exposure in Digital Native Architecture
• Experience with a mainframe Source Control tool, and with a graphical application using the mainframe as its data repository, and creating Cobol Stored Procedures preferred
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web and mobile user interface, APIs (REST and SOAP), and Mainframe and UNIX
• Expertise in software development to build and use automation frameworks using technologies: Java, JUnit, Selenium, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, REST, JSON and XML, .
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher
• Knowledge of payment simulation tools (Paragon, FinSim, T3 or similar)
• Knowledge of ISO payment protocols (8583) desirable.