The Director – Quality Engineering will be working a variety of teams (both SAFe/agile and iterative) to influence and enable a transformation in how ADESA approaches software quality. This includes moving from testing quality in at the end of the lifecycle to building quality in from the beginning, leveraging continuous integration and continuous delivery capabilities for continuous validation, helping teams adopt a “test first” mindset and associated techniques such as Test Driven Development or Acceptance Test Driven Development, and strong leadership for automation as a critical enabler. This role will lead the transformation from Quality Assurance to Quality Engineering for several teams across ADESA.
- Translate overall Quality Engineering vision and direction into specific plans for each team, appropriate to the resourcing and technical context for each team.
- Aggressively develop and coach current team members to ensure necessary skills are in place to support Quality Engineering transformation.
- Work with management in other disciplines (Development, BA, Scrum Masters, etc.) to socialize the Quality Engineering vision and ensure support.
- Diagnose and support team members in addressing issues negatively impacting quality for delivered software.
- Provide visibility to Quality Engineering transformation progress and results, including relevant metrics demonstrating improvement.
- Optimize resource utilization across teams, including the strategy for vendor partnerships and consulting resource usage.
- Manage budgets, financial forecasts and actual spend to plan.
- Act as a servant leader and model the agile principles for all ADESA staff.
- Practice and promote teamwork; set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Total of (six) 6 + years in quality roles, with increasing scope of leadership across teams implementing significant change.
- Strong experience with both software engineering (design, development, refactoring, etc.) and quality engineering (e.g. TDD, ATDD, test automation, etc.).
- Experience delivering software through agile development teams using continuous integration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others at all levels in the organization.
- Automotive remarketing industry knowledge a plus.