What You'll Do
You will be part of Cisco's Security Business Group (SBG) working on cutting-edge Networking Hardware and Infrastructure for Cisco's Next Generation Fire Wall (NGFW). You will ensure quality delivery of hardware and virtual product offerings, across all sizes and segments, including management interfaces, API's and cross product integration. Areas of strategic focus include agile delivery, automation, and security efficacy. Quality engineering plays a role across multiple functions outside of engineering encompassing the whole product delivery process with an Agile approach and use of the latest tools and processes, of course, with a strong focus on quality.
Who You Are
You You have a consistent record of accomplishment of delivering high quality and on-time product development.
Who You'll Work With
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- A recognized inspiring leader, with a strong ability to influence others, build consensus, lead teams, engage engineers, and drive towards business and technical decisions.
- Lead organization including hiring and retaining talent, motivating team and inspiring a vibrant and can-do culture.
- Someone who knows the difference between leading and managing and is technically strong enough to roll up his or her sleeves and contribute.
- Partner with multi-functional core partners within both infrastructure engineering as well as hosted application SW engineering, to own the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and take the architecture specifications into workingengineering outcomes
- A leader with experience building highly available, scalable, secure software using state of the art process and technology.
- Work closely with executive team and product management to manage roadmap and execute on taking an MVP to industry leading product
- Align technology to business strategy, and drive a technical direction throughout the organization
- Passionate about building an excellent software testing process.
- Manage multiple teams consisting of both contract and full-time employees and senior level technical individuals
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role:
- 15+ years of experience in leading Quality Engineering teams.
- Experience in systems software in one or more of the following: Security, Networking, Switching and Routing, Firewalls.
- Expertise in automated testing
- Broad and deep technical knowledge and passion for learning new technologies rapidly.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Bonus: Experience working with or firewall knowledge
• Extremely strong interpersonal, influence and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate business value and technical and project risk
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Adaptability and ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment
• Strong business insight and thought leadership.