CPA firm currently has an opening for a Director in our Accounting and Auditing Quality Control Department.
- Review work papers and financial statements for compliance with professional and firm standards.
- Maintain up-to-date standards of proficiency in the areas of accounting and auditing while keeping the Firm in compliance with quality control elements.
- Serve as a technical resource to the audit and accounting department on research and technical issues.
- Must be able to deal with a high volume of work under very tight deadlines and the ability to manage upward.
- Research and present topics for internal continuing professional education seminars.
- Review the Firm's systems and specific engagements in the annual internal inspection.
- Assist with the implementation of new audit and accounting standards.
- Interface with peer reviewers, PCAOB and other inspectors.
- CPA license is required
- 10+ years of Public Accounting experience, with no less than 3 years in the Quality Control function
- Broad and deep understanding of accounting principles and auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America and ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues in a wide range of industries
- Knowledge of IFRS and/or International Standards on Auditing is a plus
- Knowledgeable about advanced auditing approaches
- Experience with PPC audit methodology and practice aids is helpful