OSI Systems companies have a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. With more than 30 years of combined experience in the field of optoelectronics our OSI Optoelectronics (OSIO) division is a diversified manufacturer of standard and custom photodiodes and optical sensors for used in aerospace, defense, commercial and medical applications.
We are one of the largest global manufacturers of optoelectronic devices, delivering engineering design support and manufacturing capabilities that include products for use in the defense, aerospace, medical, and industrial markets, among others.
We utilize our world-class manufacturing facilities in the U.S., India and Malaysia to continue to put forth excellent engineering solutions aligned with efficient manufacturing to meet high-volume production requirements.
As the Director of Quality Assurance, your ability to develop and implement practical solutions that keep the manufacturing team efficient and productive will allow our company to maintain our focus on producing high quality products. This role will provide leadership for both the OSI Optoelectronics and OSI Electronics Divisions.
- Recommend and implement corporate global quality strategy.
- Interface with customers and lead customer complaints resolution and feedback.
- Responsible Management Representative in all matters relating to the QMS.
- Ensure that the quality management system is compliant with all applicable industry, local, national, and international regulatory requirements and standards such as AS9100, ISO 9001, and ISO 13485.
- Establish product and processes metrics that effectively measure and improve performance.
- Manage resources based on work level demands and budgetary constraints.
- Develop and effectively manage operating, staffing, and capital projects budgets.
- Establish and achieve annual department operating objectives and plans.
- Leads the supplier quality assurance program and continuous improvement plans through the application of quality tools and techniques.
- Leads the quality production program to ensure conformity of purchased material and final products to quality standards.
- Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the company's Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution (Engineering discipline preferred), Master's degree in QA/QC preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a managerial role or 10 years of working experience in a Semiconductor/ Optoelectronics and EMS manufacturing environment or equivalent professional knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge Quality Management System (QMS) and prior experiences in Quality Assurance processes, procedures within the Microelectronics and Semiconductor Processing and Packaging, as well as, Electronic Board Manufacturing for OEM Services in Optoelectronics and EMS industries.
- Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes.
- Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Thorough knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001, and ISO 13485 standards, certifications and surveillance audit processes, and quality requirements.
- International/ Global experience expected.
- Military/Aerospace and Medical Device experience highly preferred.
- International travel may be required up to 20%.
- Must be a US Citizen, as required by our contract with the US Government.