Director – Quality Assurance - FT52077
Salary range: $150k to $180k
Regional CPA firm seeks a Senior Manager for its Quality Control Department. The Quality Control department serves as the firm’s principle resource in all matters affecting the conduct of the accounting and auditing practice. The objectives are twofold.
- Maintain up to date standards of proficiency in the areas of accounting and auditing.
- Provide assurance that professional practices and procedures comply with the established quality control standards.
- Perform Initial Pre-issuance Reviews of large clients.
- Perform Concurring Reviews.
- Serve as Team Captain for Inspections.
- Continuously update firm on technical changes and new pronouncements: AICPA, FASB, GAS, DOL etc.including relating these updates to the Firm’s practice areas.
- Teach in-house CPE.
- Serve as resource to Audit Team on technical questions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
2. 5+ years of strong technicalauditexperience in a CPA firm.
3. Experience in a QC department of a regional or national CPA firm
4. Experience in some of the following areas:
Employee Benefit Plans
5. Ability to present and defend findings.
6. This is a hands-on position that requires multi-tasking.
7. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?