Medifast has an immediate need for a Director, QA to focus on our software quality and the process. In this role, the Director, QA will lead a group of Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Software Test Engineers through the full lifecycle of software development. We are seeking candidates who can bring success in delivering rapid release cycles and adapt quickly and effectively to changing priorities. This role will require proficiency in defining and executing appropriate quality strategies/plans, creating successful metrics, and working with offshore partner organizations. In addition, the successful candidate will have previous software quality assurance management experience across multiple projects while being well versed in an Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Partner with Product Management, Business Analyst, Architecture, Development, and Project Management teams to drive the success of projects
- Display proficiency in defining and executing appropriate quality strategies/plans, creating successful metrics
- Implement best practice in software testing methodologies, with primary focus on automated test frameworks and scripts to drive efficiency and productivity
- Provide the QA support in the CI/CD pipeline
- Establish Center of Excellence for Software Quality Assurance and manage distributed QA teams across multiple locations
- Communicate the status and key quality metrics and help drive improvement as necessary
- Provide coaching and direction on techniques to achieve stated quality goals through education, training, coaching and collaboration within the team
- Participate in development plan and performance reviews of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Minimum 8 years of experience in managing quality assurance teams using agile best practices
- Solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of life cycle, software development practices and support services
- Experience in automation test methodologies and tools (e.g. Selenium, Serenity and Cucumber), including complex API, Microservices, and/or data solutions across multiple technologies and cloud platforms.
- Experience testing scalable, flexible software development systems.
- Good understanding of CI/CD process and pipelines.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional boundaries to drive high quality results
- Experience in building, managing, defining and implementing QA methodologies, processes, procedures, systems and schedules that will ensure delivery of predictable, high-quality releases
- Experience in defining and driving testing strategy and plan for complete releases, including regression, functional, exploratory and other testing
- Strong strategic thinking ability and business judgment to challenge the status quo and find ways to improve
- Comfort with fast-paced environment and result-driven to meet the tight deadlines
- Demonstrated people management skills building and developing high performance teams.