Director Quality Assurance - Automotive
11 - 15 years experience • Automotive
Responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of the Group. This position will champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS), ensure compliance to ISO/TS 16949, and lead initiatives and communications with customers involving product quality.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and JOB DUTIES:
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines.
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Develops implements, manages and integrates a QMS for manufacturing plants.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Overseas the Quality Mangers at the forging and machining facilities.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Analyzes customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Develops quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develops process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Monitors vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Reviews customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Reviews suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATION and EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent technical degree and experience.
- Ten plus years of experience in QA systems implementation and management.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience developing, implementing, administrating and leading a TS 16949 system as a Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive suppler
- Proven ability to implement change for improved results
- Ability to work well with others and influence needed change
- Results driven orientation
- Previous experience as a Manager with experience in Automotive and Machining
- Ability to manage the entire quality function at a two plant company