PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running.
The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
We are looking for a highly motivated leader and team player to join the Alliances and Channel Partner Practice Development team to develop, launch, and support implementation productivity, sales and pre-sales excellence for our Quote to Cash / Configure Price Quote SI Alliances ecosystem. This role will report to the Managing Director of Partner Practice Development.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Partner Practice Development position is a key and strategic role that requires a balance of strategy with a strong roll-up your sleeves and 'get it done' mentality. Success requires leadership responsibility for developing and executing a Global Partner Practice Development Strategy plan with the partner(s), regional sales teams, supporting channel organizations, and other key stakeholders. His or her responsibility will be to develop and drive the execution of Practice Development programs and initiatives. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for evangelizing Salesforce's value proposition within the partner organization and facilitate the partner's value proposition within Salesforce and affiliated companies.
- Work directly with global leaders from the assigned p artner(s) to develop joint Practice Development programs by partner or region that includes investments in Practice Development, repeatable selling assets, reference architectures and the development of vertical solutions for Salesforce's Cloud solutions.
- Work with the Salesforce Worldwide Alliances and Channels team members to execute partner Practice Development plans in targeted region to drive certification growth and delivering customer success.
- Work with the Salesforce Worldwide Alliances and Channels team members to identify partner repeatable offerings, reference architectures and solutions.
- Execute, manage and deliver regionally tied to global partner(s) strategies and initiatives in close alignment with regional / country ecosystem resources. Align with regional Channels team, Sale, System Engineering, Product Managements and partner leadership.
- Maintain dashboards that communicate to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments.
- Conduct regular cadence between assigned partner(s), Salesforce Product Management and company leaders.
- Ensure effective and timely internal & external communication and coordination of Salesforce's ecosystem strategy & capabilities. Serve as a key contact point for assigned partner(s) engaged with Salesforce.
- Design and deliver region relevant presentations, programs, and content to assigned partner(s) teams. Localize our Practice Development offerings to meet the local regulations, culture and business environment.
- Package & promotion of Cloud success stories (external / internal use including discovery of in-depth back story for internal education).
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce QTC / CPQ (Steelbrick); recognized as a subject matter expert.
- Ability to evangelize Salesforce products across entry level developers, highly experienced Salesforce experts, enterprise architects, and senior business executives (i.e. Hackthons - Architecture Workshops - Executive Briefings).
- Broad-based business and technology expertise with 10+ years' experience in a customer or channel technical management role focused on enterprise level businesses or GSI's like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC as well as boutique and regional SI's.
- Proven Thought Leader and Influencer with strong Enterprise software market experience and PaaS, SaaS, and or Cloud technology companies (Demandware).
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely decisions that affect cross-functional teams and has substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
- Executive presence and technical depth to function as leader / advisor and deliver training to the most strategic global partners.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organization.
- Strong drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
- Willingness to travel and Experienced in Global markets, customs and individual country business protocols and dynamics.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience of working with SI consulting organizations in multiple geographies / verticals.
- Experience working in a fast paced, cross-functional manner driving and building the partner ecosystem.
- Highly motivated and independent contributor.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business.
- MS/MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.