Job Details: Maine Medical Center is seeking a Director – Pulmonary Medicine/Respiratory Therapy in Portland.This is advanced administrative and management work assisting theMedical Director in all administrative and management functions of the Division of Pulmonary Medicine. S/he will work through subordinate managers, plan and direct the activities of respiratory care, pulmonary function testing, pressure monitoring, blood gas analysis and sleep disorder diagnostics and therapy. The Director will perform liaisonwork with other departments and organizations. This position is performed with considerable independence and is evaluated by theMedical Director and the Vice President for Operations throughreports, discussions and results obtained. S/he willwork with theMedical Director to establish division goals, prioritizepatient careactivities and allocate personnel resources. This Director oversees a team of 90 FTE (RRT) at Maine Medical Center with additional consultative role to Pulmonary leadership at MaineHealth members.
- Master’s degree and three to five years of previous related experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Maintains an in depth experience in management and administration in medical center management.
- In depth knowledge of theory, principles, practices, techniques and equipment used in all aspects of Pulmonary Medicine normally acquired through an accredited course in Respiratory Therapy and significant clinical experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of organization, financial administration, operational analysis and personnel administration.
- Ability to effectively supervise, direct and motivate a moderately large staff of professional and technical employees, delegate responsibilities to subordinates, analyze a variety of administrative problems, determine solutions and effectively implement solutions.
- Considerable knowledge of biological sciences analysis methods and techniques.
- Ability to present facts and express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, departmental personnel, physicians and other hospital personnel.