Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a Director - Public Relations & Communications with Apple Leisure Group. You will be responsible for developing and growing positive media and analyst coverage and relationships for ALG overall and all vacation brands.
You will work with leadership to define and deliver all aspects of ALG’s overall public and community relations and stakeholder relations strategy and plans.
In this role, you will be a key information source for agency partners, stakeholders, and media contacts who need information and insight about Apple Leisure Group and its products, services, customers, and partners.
You will collaborate and work with partners across the company to include vacation Brand Directors and agency partners to develop, implement, and manage plans that increase Apple Leisure Group’s Vacation brands recognition in the market, positively position and promote all aspects of the company.
A successful Director - Public Relations & Communications will:
- Build an integrated corporate communications strategy which helps the company deliver exceptional value to all stakeholders (Employees, Customers, Partners, Travel Agents, Shareholders, and Communities) and work with all departments to execute the underlying strategies
- Understand and embody the mission of the ALG Vacations brands and assist the company in fulfilling its strategic objectives
- Serve as the information source for stakeholder and media contacts requesting information and insight from the company
- Work closely with the all marketing leaders to develop creative, integrated programs to support product and services launches, customers, partners/travel agents, and thought leadership programs
- Establish and execute on strategies and plans that generate steady and increasing volume of company “stories” and promote across appropriate consumer and trade communications channels (including social media)
- Work with marketing writers and PR agency partners to develop and place contributed articles, bylines, blogs, editorials and other key mentions
- Develop and execute consistent messaging and media training and certify all speakers for events, analyst conversations, and media briefings
- Regularly interact with senior management and executives to master and maintain consistency of the company “story” and positioning messaging
- Develop and maintain an issues awareness program and local crisis communication program
- Establish and manage budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Partner with Marketing VP and Brand Directors to develop and track KPI metrics to leverage various communication initiatives
- Promote and inform internal stakeholders of key media and analyst coverage and leverage that coverage to support marketing and sales campaigns
- Work cross-functionally to educate the travel industry on Apple Leisure Group’s value proposition
- Serve as a key contact for the company, industry partners and the community
- Champion philanthropic partnerships and promote environmental and social initiatives within the community, while raising the profile of company’s brand hotel and the brand
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, advanced degree a plus; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of progressive communications experience; PR/Communications agency experiencepreferred, with a consistent track record of success at growing companies
- 8+ years of strong experience in media relations and issue/crisis communications management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, and events, combined with excellent journalistic writing skills
- Exceptional leadership and people management experience
- Impeccable writing and editing skills; strong presentation skills
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing communication plans
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving and able to cost-justify and model concepts
- News judgement and media relations experience
- Ability to discern and capitalize on creative news angles, as well as establish and nurture relationships with media targets and reporters
- Executive presence; comfortable providing incisive, strategic counsel to senior executives and business heads
- Strong project management skills and ability to devise and execute campaigns
- Knowledge of content and channel strategy across traditional, social and emerging platforms
- Ability to package and present insight using tools and language familiar to businesses