$200K — $250K *
What you will be doing
The Director of Public Policy is responsible for managing and directing ABC’s policy priorities and related internal and customer-facing communications strategies in coordination with ABC’s State and Federal Government Affairs department and pertinent internal partners. The Director of Public Policy will develop ABC’s policy positions in support of advocacy initiatives on priority issues to the company. This position will help lead communication with internal corporate leaders to proactively position our businesses to capitalize on current and future changes in legislation, regulation and Administration policies. Overall responsibilities include developing and maintaining understanding of ABC’s businesses, products and services and identifying and analyzing key legislative and regulatory proposals that may impact ABC, key customers and patient access. This position will also drive help drive internal alignment on legislative and political strategies as well as prioritization in support of ABC’s overall corporate goals and objectives. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead and support development and implementation of both internal and customer-facing communications and grassroots advocacy tools related to legislative, regulatory and policy priorities impacting ABC in coordination with ABC’s Communications, Marketing and enterprise functions.
2. Direct ABC’s Policy Committee including facilitating the Committee’s quarterly meetings and working across businesses to ensure appropriate representation from all businesses/functions.
3. Direct and resource development of policy positions as relevant to our businesses and functions.
4. Coordinate development and implementation of policy-focused customer-facing communications across ABC businesses
5. Support and, on many matters, lead the development of regulatory and public comment letters to government agencies and Congress in close consultation with internal subject matter experts and external stakeholders.
6. Manage public policy advocacy engagement strategy in order to maintain and bolster company relationships and partnerships with external policy influencers (i.e. trade associations, key customer policy experts, provider organizations, think tanks, select Coalitions and patient organizations).
7. Work with Government Affairs and business leads to identify opportunities for enhanced customer support, and contribute to inter-company collaboration to enhance ABC’s policy and industry leadership in support of revenue-generating opportunities.
8. Create, bolster and maintain public policy resources, such as public policy position database, public policy intranet and social media and advocacy engagements in collaboration with Communications and Marketing, Government Affairs team and company leaders.
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, public policy, communications, journalism, English, marketing or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Graduate degree in public policy, healthcare management, public health, business or other relevant discipline a plus. Requires 8-10 years of experience in government policy development in a corporate or government role process. Knowledge and understanding of Medicare/Medicaid programs and policies/guidelines and how they impact various prescription drug treatment settings preferred. Understanding of complexities associated with the changing health care environment (i.e. ACA, Medicare Part A, B, C and D required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Possesses and applies an advanced knowledge and ability to complete projects of major complexity.
- Understanding and ability to contribute to business strategy and planning.
- Work experience in health policy-focused role or organization, federal agency or congressional office with healthcare responsibility and jurisdiction preferred.
- Ability to straddle complex legislative, policy and regulatory issues as well as influence government entities that could be clients/customers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions.
- Display flexibility and collaboration, and strong initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to travel approximately 30% domestic
Valid through: 9/28/2020
$200K — $250K
20 days ago