Job Description and Responsibilities:
Wynn Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, specialty retail, award-winning dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.4 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth.
Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Wynn Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature pedestrian and bicycle paths that provide access to the harbor, an events lawn, picnic and public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Wynn Harbor Walk.
Wynn Boston Harbor is currently under construction with resort opening anticipated June 2019. Once open, Wynn Boston Harbor will employ over 4,000 team members. We invite you to apply to be a member of the founding Wynn Boston Harbor team.
The Wynn Boston Harbor Director – Public Area will oversee the Public Area Department and the cleanliness of the hotels public areas including hotel exteriors. This includes, but is not limited to; implementing the department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Wynn Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Wynn Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Ensures all Wynn Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- care about everyone and everything
- show never ending attention to detail
- take responsibility; don't leave it to others
- always strive to be better
- Implements short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Held accountable for departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Oversees the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Administers departmental operating budget and financial controls. Responsible for financial planning, forecast, labor, and payroll for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Oversees all hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which may require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Wynn contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Wynn brand.
- Oversees the day to day cleaning of hotel public areas.
- Perform routine inspections of all public areas, service areas, and storerooms.
- Schedules and supervises deep cleaning and any other projects.
- Supervise and coordinate pest control, flowers, plants and periodical deep cleaning operations on all area of responsibility.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Oversees stock control and the maintenance of all equipment.
- Completes work orders forms for equipment maintenance or repairs and submit to Housekeeping desk control.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality management or a related field; or equivalent experiencerequired.
Minimum 8years of public area maintenance experience, 5 years in a leadership role required.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.