Description: The Director, Psychiatric Emergency Services, is under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, Psychiatric Nursing, and the general supervision of the SVP. This job has administrative authority over the nursing staff, directs, monitors, and evaluates the nursing service provided while overseeing the day-to-day operations of emergency psychiatric services.
- Prepares department operating budgets on an annual basis and monitors areas of responsibility for compliance within current budget.
- Prepares and administers departmental performance evaluations.
- Promotes departmental and organizational activities for providing courteous customer service to patients, families, visitors and external customers.
- Participates in Leadership Development activities; implement strategies and processes to improve employee morale and performance.
- Ensures assessment, planning, implementation, operation and