- Bachelor degree required; Post graduate degree preferred;
- 7+ years professional experience in proxy voting and corporate governance. Experience working for a responsible investment manager or stewardship services preferred
- Working knowledge of the laws governing registered investment advisers and investment companies.
- Experience working for a responsible investment manager strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in data analysis, reporting and structuring clear communication frameworks
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively work independently and part of a team.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail, analytical ability, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral communication, public speaking, diplomacy and experience presenting research results.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and proxy service platforms including Glass Lewis and ISS
This position works directly with the CIO of Equity and equity portfolio managers and analysts to educate and evaluate proxy matters which most contribute to long term shareholder value. The Head of Proxy Voting serves as a member of the Proxy Voting Management Group, which oversees all legal, compliance and administrative aspects of the proxy voting function.
- Oversee the voting of all proxies by the Proxy Voting Operations Team including researching ballot questions, obtaining input from portfolio managers, obtaining approval from the Proxy Voting Committee, and keeping the necessary records to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Directly engage with Federated Hermes investee companies with the dual goals of promoting good corporate governance practices and gaining an understanding of company circumstances that will help in future voting decisions.
- Collaborate with the EOS stewardship team at Federated Hermes on joint engagement meetings and proxy thought leadership.
- Plan, organize and lead regular Proxy Voting Committee meetings.
- Manage all vendor relationships with proxy service providers including Glass Lewis and ISS.
- Assist in the development of proprietary data analytics and proxy measurement.
- Respond to various stakeholder inquiries regarding proxy voting and provide supportive evidence.
- Monitor and report proxy voting trends with particular attention to environmental, social, and governance issues.
- Coordinate with Federated Hermes’ Legal Department the preparation and filing of SEC Form N-PX. Update as needed all proxy voting disclosures in public filings, such as mutual fund SAI’s and SEC Form ADV.
- Support the Responsible Investing Office through insights into proxy voting trends and outcomes.
- Advance Federated Hermes’ stewardship thought leadership by contributing original proxy research and content for publication.