Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozen’s technology and approach to therapeutic development.
Surrozen is seeking an experienced Protein Scientist leader with expert knowledge in expression, purification and characterization of antibody-based therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter, adept at working in a fast-paced, nimble startup and equally skilled working collaboratively.
- PhD. in Biochemistry, Biology, or related field with 5+ years or BS/MS with 10+ years of industry experience
- Extensive experience in protein purification and characterization, including bi- and multi-specific antibody purification
- Ability to develop various HPLC based assays. Familiarity with AKTA, LC-MS, SEC-MALS, HPLC, and HIC
- Ability to work independently in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment to contribute to multiple projects
- A self-motivated individual with excellent record keeping and written and verbal communication skills
- CRO management experience
- Knowledge of formulation of antibody-based therapeutics
- Familiarity with protein structure-function relationships
- Familiarity with screening of multiple-format antibody libraries against cell-surface targets
- Lead purification and characterization group for diverse biologics, including bispecific and engineered antibodies for early-stage screening and preclinical research work
- Lead process development functional group for complex antibodies and bispecific production to enable protocol transfer to contract manufacturing organizations
- Characterization of purified material using mass spectrometry, light scattering, IEF, HPLC and other biophysical techniques to generate data package for lead finding, optimization, and developability assessment
- Lead antibody production efforts on project teams and collaborate with protein engineering, molecular assessment, and CMC groups to advance therapeutic programs to clinical development
- Work with CMO’s for clinical and commercial stage antibody production