The growing Cincinnati Re team is currently seeking to fill a mid-level underwriting position within the Property reinsurance team. Primary responsibilities include underwriting Property reinsurance business worldwide, advancing analytics in conjunction with our modeling/actuarial teams, and deploying the company’s capital in such a way as to maximize profitability. This position reports to the Head of Property Reinsurance.
The successful candidate will be technically-minded, have strong attention to detail, and able to navigate within an ever-changing reinsurance marketplace. We are interested in candidates with 7+ years of treaty reinsurance experience, either underwriting, analytics or broking. Candidate must have strong analytical, quantitative, communication and marketing skills, an appreciation for catastrophe risk management principles, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Be ready to:
- review underwriting submissions and price property reinsurance structures, including Catastrophe XOL, Property Per Risk XOL, Quota Share, and Aggregate XOL contracts
- Provide quotes and authorize on contracts.
- Negotiate contract terms with brokers.
- Identify opportunities to best diversify portfolio
- Work with catastrophe modeling and actuarial teams to evaluate submissions.
- Coordinate review of contract wording and discuss with legal counsel.
- Operate within corporate risk guidelines with respect to property aggregates.
- manage relationships with clients and reinsurance brokers, evaluate needs and propose solutions
- assist with business development initiatives relating to new products and client/broker strategy
- assist in the development and updating of internal rating models
- conduct marketing visits and underwriting audits and attend conferences (some travel required)
- coordinate with claims and actuarial teams on claims reporting and property loss reserves
- work with underwriting assistant(s) and/or accounting team to update accounting system of record
Be equipped with:
- experience underwriting or broking Property Catastrophe, Excess Per Risk, Quota Share contracts required.
- experience underwriting U.S. accounts preferred. Experience underwriting non-U.S accounts is a plus
- experience with property reinsurance pricing methods including exposure and experience analysis for catastrophe and non-catastrophe perils
- exemplary analytical and problem-solving skills
- knowledge of third party catastrophe modeling software products, their applicability to underwriting treaty