We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our Property Launch Operations department. As Director of LaunchOps, you will have end-to-end ownership over adding new units to Kasa's portfolio. You will be managing a team of 12+ employees that launch new units that our guests love in different apartment complexes and cities across the country (and eventually across the world!). By iterating on our existing processes and procedures, you will be responsible for enhancing our quality while opening units more quickly.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Director of Product and Operations and work closely with the Kasa leadership team, especially other operating department leads. It takes an entrepreneurial, creative problem-solver to oversee this critical department and we hope you're excited by the challenge!
About the Team
Kasa's Launch Operations department mission: To launch new units our guests love in a cost-effective, efficient manner that sets a strong foundation for Kasa Operations & Partner Success.
Our team members are located all over the country, have diverse backgrounds, and come from many different industries. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about opening the units our guests love.
- Hire, train, and develop the Launch Operations team (currently 12 and growing!)
- Provide collaborative support for operational challenges that emerge during builds
- Develop training materials for team members
- Build a strong remote team-culture!
- You will have full ownership over our growth, making strategic decisions about the design, cost, and execution of adding new units that our guests love!
- Help build our warehousing & supply chain capabilities to ensure smooth launches and ensure timely replacements for our Property Operations team
- Work intimately with our check-in instruction writing & tech teams to improve check-in scores across the portfolio
- Develop better handovers between different departments; specifically from our real estate team (inbound) and to our ongoing operations teams (outbound)
- Create solutions to cross-functional problems that benefit all departments, including our Property Operations, Guest Experience, and Partner Success teams
Strategy + Leadership
- Develop + execute ongoing departmental objectives and key results (OKRs); present to Kasa CEO and leadership team
- Strategic decision-making to build stronger relationships with vendors/partners, improve our quality & check-in scores, and set up our guest experience and property operations teams for success.
- Determine how best to deliver high quality standards while improving both operational and financial efficiencies
- Establish tools and processes that increase accountability in the field and enhance Kasa quality standards
- 7-10+ years of work experience in operations, overseeing complex real-world initiatives
- Experience with strategy development and building scalable processes
- The ability to manage 5-10 ongoing projects simultaneously; a focus on getting stuff done
- Experiencing hiring and managing a large team (20+) that includes remote employees
- The ability to interpret and analyze financial and non-financial data
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a startup environment
- Experience working with warehousing, logistics, and supply chain projects
- Experience hiring, supporting and building remote culture
What we want in everyone at Kasa:
- You’re reliable, on time, and follow through on what you promise
- You're proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You're lighthearted and can handle stressful situations with a calm and positive demeanor
- You enjoy technology and you're eager to learn new systems and platforms
- You pride yourself on communication and organizational skills
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Rolled out a full-scale warehousing & supply chain solution to help improve the efficiency of opening new units
- Built relationships with furniture and houseware suppliers in order to purchase higher-quality items at discounted prices
- Improved our existing checklists and playbooks to ensure new employees can be quickly onboarded and trained
- Created stronger alignment between our Real Estate, Property Operations, Guest Experience, and Partner Success teams