Streamline the strategy deployment with the countries to ensure the accomplishment of the Global Insurance 2020 goals. That includes managing a multi-country project management governance, identifying the most strategic initiatives with the country teams, support the creation and execution of the business plans and support the planning activities for implementation.
Propose and implement cross functional and geographic initiatives that can improve client experience, reduce costs, increase synergy and improve revenues.
Ensures all activities conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Create, deploy and manage the project management governance for the Global Insurance 2020 roadmap
Develop, evaluate and approve the necessary investments to achieve the revenue and NIAT targets
Act proactively on developing and managing plans and governing structures for the major global insurance initiatives
Collaborate with country heads to identify opportunities for improvement within Global Insurance with focus on increased efficiencies, reduced costs and maximized revenues. Work closely with the country teams in the diagnosis, design and deployment of key optimization initiatives that aligned with the Global insurance strategy for 2020.
Develop and keep strategic relationships by establishing, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and departments within Canadian and International Banking; collaborating on and developing proposals including project deliverables while ensuring adherence to quality standards, working with a diverse working group, with varying expertise and job levels; and building good working relations with vendors and technology partners, as applicable.
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Positively influence the country heads, insurance partners and the global insurance team towards the 2020 goal. This is more than a project manager role, encompassing dimensions such as relationship, communication and influence that are crucial for the success of the 2020 strategy plan
- 7-10 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Track record of managing large complex projects, which have significant business and operational components.
- Working familiarity with project management methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology
- PMP Designation required
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Insurance or Financial Industry
- Thorough knowledge of standard project methodologies and experience leading projects with multiple resources in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- Ability to lead complex projects independently, managing timelines, tasks and overall deliverables.
- A solid strategy development background including in-depth experience and demonstrated success in leading multi-disciplinary initiatives of varying sizes and complexity, efficiently and effectively, ensuring all elements of change are considered understood and managed.
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and prioritize a number of concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiating skills to gain from stakeholders and drive projects through to completion.
- Excellent team leadership, coaching and management skills to effectively develop motivate and manage cross-functional teams to meet tight deadlines and manage and influence others.
- Results focused.
- Excellent business analysis, problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
Requisition ID: 19317