Director, Project Management
The Director, Project Management role will be located at our Greenville, North Carolina location. Relocation assistance has been approved for the successful candidate.
To successfully lead the management of Site or Regional Project Management teams. Ensure the appropriate development and control of related processes and systems. Provide leadership in managing the PDS business and in establishing client relationships. Directly lead or support the management of the Project Management department and the Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) business.
Functional and People Management (45%)
- Support appropriate development of staff providing training and mentoring in line with their role and experience
- Monitor and manage compliance to PDS Project delivery processes (PRIME) dealing with issues and identifying opportunities for improvement of our practices
- Accurately evaluate the performance levels of direct report employees and communicate openly
and with constructive feedback to fully develop potential
Client/Business/Project Management (40%)
- Timely SOR management and forecasting (including scenarios for 80% by Q)
- High level capacity forecasting to support incoming business planning
- Approval of project contracts or expenditure in line with local/global authorizations
- Timely and appropriate reporting to GCO Leadership (or as agreed):
- Exception reporting to support Finance reports
- SOR risk / opportunities (e.g. cancellations etc.)
- Client issues and risk
- KPI management and reporting
- Staff utilization reporting
- Issue and Risk management and reporting
- Working with the Operations Leader, support:
- Strategic planning (annual forecasting including headcount etc.)
- Revenue management (gap closures)
- Promote Patheon capabilities and manage business discussions:
- Lead or facilitate scientific / technical discussions during meetings with prospective clients
- Ensure prospective clients are aware of Patheon capabilities as relevant
- Provide support to Business Development and actively participate in procuring new business
- Provide sound judgments and technical/regulatory recommendations on drug development to PDS Client
- Host client meetings or represent Patheon at senior client meetings, conferences, forums
- Drive the COS and Project Expansion processes, ensuring our clients are fully aware of the services available within our Organization and the business potential within our existing portfolio is realized.
Project Management Operations (15%)
- Take appropriate action to ensure compliance to global PM and project delivery practices supporting the continuous improvement of the PRIME methodology.
- Work with the site to streamline PDS business and prioritize PDS site business needs.
- Work with PMO and local team to continuously improve PRIME project delivery practices.
- Mentor/train PMs / Functional Project Team members on PRIME and related processes as required.
- Resolve project issues and resource constraints as appropriate – working directly with site/functional leadership.
- Manage client expectations efficiently. Be proactive in supporting strong working relationships between Patheon and our clients and able to mend client relationships
- Participate in strategic initiatives for PDS and clients. Able to suggest and be involved in the implementation of improvements to systems and processes.
Provide feedback to relevant line management on performance of Project Team Members as appropriate.
Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS:A. Must havesEDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Masters of Science (M.Sc.) or Doctorate (Ph.D.)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified with the following experience (minimum):
- 15 years relevant industry
- 7 years Project Management within a client facing environment
- 5 years contract management experience is preferred
- 5 years senior leadership experience
- Proven people management experience. (Minimum 5 years managing direct reports)
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks across a portfolio of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to motivate and lead
- Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect, & Excellence.
- Proficiency in the English Language.
- Strategic thinker and planner.
- Exemplary team building and motivational skills.
- Uses established scientific/technical acumen, strong interpersonal skills and thorough knowledge of PM capabilities to favorably influence discussions with prospect/new clients.
- PMI certification preferred.
- May be recognized in the pharmaceutical and academic/scientific communities.