Plans, directs and oversees the Bank Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure business programs and projects meet organizational goals and requirements. The PMO provides oversight of program and project management, prioritization, resourcing and risk management in alignment with the Bank's Strategy and Enterprise Initiatives. The PMO develops and implements processes, policies, and procedures to guide the bank-wide Program as well as program and project initiatives that exist within its governance structure. The PMO establishes standards for program and project management through development of methodologies, tools, and reporting and is responsible for the vision and evolution of the PMO, driving transformational change, and implementing best practices in this area. The PMO Director partners closely with Senior Management and cross-functional teams to accomplish overall business objectives and maintains effective communications regarding critical issues by ensuring that content (e.g., deliverables, risk, issues) passes to and from sponsors smoothly and quickly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads project management for the Bank. Creates a strong performing PMO function that influences outcomes and drives business results.
- Evaluates and implements strong project management processes across the organization to ensure effective execution.
- Manages project accounting and reporting.
- Acts in a hands-on capacity with responsibility to drive day-to-day project activities and operations. Integrates enterprise resources by assessing challenges, analyzing gaps, and finding solutions that align people, process, and technology to deliver expected results.
- Applies expertise across the complete project lifecycle, lead project sessions such as estimation, requirements, scheduling/planning.
- Leverages business relationship management skills and the ability to understand and anticipate the needs of the respective business stakeholders.
- Directs the planning, organizing, staffing and leadership of the Bank's PMO activities.
- Facilitate selection, prioritization, and resourcing of projects/programs to maximize alignment with the Bank's Strategy and Enterprise Initiatives. Allocate resources within the capacity of the bank based on business
value and serve as escalation point for resolution of Portfolio level issues and risks. Report status to senior management, project sponsors, stakeholders, and other key constituents.
- Support Strategic Planning processes, including Business Plan development, key initiative and project prioritization, portfolio budgeting and capital allocation for the Bank. Understand overall business mission, vision and direction of operation to ensure management and implementation of projects to meet strategic goals. Track progress of key measures and develop explanations for variances to plan for Senior Management.
- Define and develop Bank project management methodology, processes, standards and metrics by identifying and applying industry best practices. Incorporate effective change and risk management processes and controls throughout project life cycle. Ensure compliance of projects via governance, monitoring and advocacy.
- Evaluate Project Management maturity level, identify opportunities and implement continuous improvements to enhance proficiency and performance. Monitor industry trends and recommend improvements to roles, responsibilities, organizational structure and functions. Champion change and effectively manage the implementation and acceptance of new ideas. Mentor and develop skills of Project Managers through coaching and training.
- Ensure projects are delivered within quality measures, expense parameters with benefited realized. Provide proactive project management leadership and challenge to critical and complex projects at risk, assessing the overall viability to quality, cost, schedule and benefits.
- Provide PMO consulting services to the Bank concerning: Business Case development, Project and
Resource Management, Solution Definition, Issue Management, Facilitation, Continuous Process Improvements, Auditing and Risk Assessment, Change Management, Training, Research, Metric and Statistical Reporting, Budget Oversight, Facilities and Space Management, and other special services as requested.
- Articulate strategic vision for the PMO and establish competencies, metrics, standards, and best practices; implement, measure and evaluate PMO service delivery, recommend and execute changes in operations to ensure maximum effective service. Monitor industry trends related to project and portfolio management, resourcing and technology to identify ways to improve PMO processes and increase profitability and growth of portfolio.
- Provides input and /or participate in the professional development and assessment of project management and business analyst job families, competencies, responsibilities and qualifications within the Bank. Ensures appropriate training programs, skill assessments, coaching and feedback programs in compliance with professional certifications and industry standards. Research emerging and industry best practices to stay competitive in project management environment.
- Engage with business and vendor owners in negotiation of contractual agreements with vendors performing services and/or contract resources for programs or projects. Ensure that Legal is properly engaged in contract review for projects managed by the PMO.
- Complies with all related Federal, State, and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Excellent project and portfolio management skills in a matrix environment including through understanding of methodologies, tools, systems and processes
- Strong negotiation and human relations skills with ability to instill trust, motivate, coach, train, and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills at executive level
- Excellent analytical, decision-making skills, sound judgment, problem solving with willingness to take calculated risk
- Demonstrated success at understanding, communicating, influencing others and resolving conflict
- Ability to interact credibly with executive management, business stakeholders, project managers and other staff and clearly articulate complex messages
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and experience
- Strong strategic, planning, and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of Financial and Accounting principles and applications
- Thorough knowledge of the banking industry and operational business processes
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and the insurance industry. Strong knowledge of various hardware and software products and Mutual of Omaha Bank systems
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Customer
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred.
Job no: 495593