MedAvante-ProPhase, a member of the WIRB-Copernicus Group, is a global provider of specialty solutions in clinical trials. Our goal is to optimize the selection, use, and analysis of behavioral endpoints to mitigate trial risk and maximize the likelihood of study success. Through collaboration and evidence-based innovation, we work to transform measurement science in clinical trials and improve outcomes for all stakeholders. Our services support all measurement-related activities in clinical trials and include eCOA and Endpoint Surveillance, Rater Qualification and Training, and Study Start-Up Support. By partnering with Sponsors, CROs and sites, and using a risk-based approach, we deliver services that are highly customized to study needs and adapted regionally for global trials.
The Director, Project Managementwill be accountable for the overall delivery and effective management of aportfolio of projects through the development of key control documents, start-up period, implementation, and study closeout. The Director,Project Management will beresponsible for overseeing the project related activities of the assigned team members to ensure integration of service delivery acrossinternal departments to provide the Sponsor with a seamless serviceexperience. This position may also beresponsible for mentoring of new team members, facilitating the development of team members, and performance management. The Director,Project Management will beresponsible for day-to-day relationship management with key clients represented in theirportfolioof business
- Lead, direct, and be accountable for the overall performance and delivery of assigned portfolio
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support project requirements and business goals in collaboration with Executive Management, Business Development and other members of the internal study team
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Draft and review key project study governance documents
- Manage risks across projects within assigned portfolio
- Routinely track budget items and facilitate reconciliation for all services against scopes of work
- Communicate milestone billing completion to the Finance Department
- Responsible for study close-out and archiving systems
- Coordinate and communicate with clients and all other stakeholders (investigative sites, third party vendors, etc.) to ensure the alignment of planned objectives to activities
- Effectively communicate project expectations to study team members and sponsor/CRO/third party vendors in a timely and clear fashion
- Implement and maintain the project quality plan on projects assigned
- Maintain regular liaison with the client (sponsor/CRO) and document interactions with the same
- When required, work with Business Development to gain portfolio visibility of clients’ upcoming projects for early planning
- Support Business Development preparation for and attendance at bid defenses
- May have overall responsibility of management including direction, coordination, performance, and evaluation of the assigned team and staff.
- Responsibilitiesmay include:
- hiring employees
- training employees
- planning, assigning, and directing work
- appraising performance
- rewarding and disciplining employees
- addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years combined project management and operational delivery experienceexperience including management of large complex projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing leadership experience, with strong management organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work with all levels of leadership, management and staff, both business and technical, as well as customers and vendors.
- Strong consultative, presentation, analytical and business communication skills (oral and written) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills complemented by solid business and technical background, and keen interest in business operations, process improvement and change impact.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management principles as they relate to project management and operational delivery required.
- Experience working in high growth M&A environments required.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, be flexible, work with interruptions, work in stressful situations, and shift priorities of work as required.
- Must be able to plan and organize work effectively to meet established guidelines.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work with close attention to detail and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is required.
- Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time.