Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results and to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated complex project(s) ensuring that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. S/he will also ensure the implementation and adherence to project management best practice standards, templates and practices.
- Analyzes assigned complex project &/or program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet the business needs and align/support operational plans/objectives. Recommends complex mitigation plans.
- Develops and administers the departmental budget for his/her area(s) of responsibility; manages these budgets within expense goals.
- Develops and communicates reporting metrics and project and/or program dashboards that provide management and business stakeholders with quantifiable gauges of the delivery of business results.
- Directs and oversees the adherence to project management governance, standards, templates and practices for his/her assigned area of responsibility.
- Directs the coordination and management of resources and resource allocations for multiple ongoing complex projects, including: project planning, reporting, and monitoring the projects for resource contention and cost
- Directs the organizational focus on customer service at every touch point while simultaneously delivering operational effectiveness.
- Directs the project planning process for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure proper linkage and coordination with his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility strategic/tactical initiatives and budgeting process.
- Drives & provides direction & mentoring on complex projects &/or programs to ensure group results
- Identifies opportunities to proactively mentor business or project stakeholders of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility in completing complex business case and/or project charter and cost benefit analysis for projects.
- Leads & rectifies project inefficiencies & acts as project recovery resource as needed.
- May develop & deliver on complex projects &/or programs as needed.
- May provide input to management and business stakeholders on the prioritization of active and pending projects for his/her area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction & ensures project and/or program plans align and support the operational plans for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility and are aligned with LFG's overall business plans and specific strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Provides direction to assigned teams to ensure projects for his/her assigned area(s) group(s) meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in (Minimum Required)
- 7+ Years of experience in project management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required)
- Annuities business acumen (release management specifically)
- Exceptional people management skills - 8-12 direct reports
- Experience in an agile environment with an agile mindset
- Adaptable and comfortable with change management
- Experience managing Project Managers as well as Scrum Masters. #LI-KM1