About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will provide leadership, direction, and functional expertise on the strategic Digital initiatives. This role will oversee directly or through staff key project delivery focus area: scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management for multiple projects. Change management and adoption of Agile methodology are integrated into our process of continuous improvement and are part of this role.
- Partners with Business and Digital leads to staff and translate strategic business objectives into actionable plans focusing on delivery and advancement of Lincoln’s Digital strategy.
- Manages the delivery and execution of programs and projects to ensure business capability is realized and cost, time and quality goals are met.
- Understand and reports back key program challenges to the sponsors and key stakeholders
- Understands Digital and business strategy, operating vision, business imperatives and capabilities.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds and maintains strong strategic relationships throughout the Digital organization and across LFG to understand and validate that solutions and initiatives meet business needs
- Provides direction & ensures project and/or program plans align and support the operational plans for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility and are aligned with LFG's overall business plans and specific strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Leads & rectifies project inefficiencies & acts as project recovery resource as needed.
- Directs the organizational focus on customer service at every touch point while simultaneously delivering operational effectiveness.
- Directs the project planning process for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure proper linkage and coordination with his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility strategic/tactical initiatives and budgeting process.
- Provides input into Portfolio investment prioritization for Project level requests
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction to assigned teams to ensure projects for his/her assigned area(s) group(s) meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments.
- Directs the coordination and management of resources and resource allocations for multiple ongoing complex projects, including: project planning, reporting, and monitoring the projects for resource contention and cost
Education & Experience
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 7+ Years of experience in project management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required).