The Director, Project Managementreports directly to the Vice President, Project Management and will lead a multi-discipline Project Management Team (PMT) that provides general Engineering and Construction oversight support during the Front End Engineering & Design (FEED) and EPC phases of a base load natural gas liquefaction/LNG export plant Project.
The assignment period includes tasks and activities for front end works, engineering, procurement support and assistance, design, construction, startup and commissioning, and plant operations after handover.
Understanding of all facets of the engineering, procurement, construction, and operation of world class LNG liquefaction plants, including health, safety, quality, logistics, project controls, human resources, , plant operating and maintenance procedures, governmental regulations, and associated codes and standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Coordinate the implementation of all project management functions.
- Coordinate interfaces between all projects and subprojects.
- Development and ongoing monitoring of the communication network and cooperative activities among all parties including EPC Contractors, othercontractors and subcontractors, vendors, owners engineer, and third parties and introduction of changes where required.
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Monitor all cost and schedule aspects of the project ensuring the project is on time and within budget.
- Coordinate closely with the Vice President, Project Management to keep senior management apprised of key issues that arise during day to day management of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Education and Certifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering related discipline is required and Professional Engineering License in good standing with at least one state is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 20+ years related experience in the EPC industry, with at least 10 years of experience in natural gas technology or LNG
- Detail oriented and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- “Hands On” management style required.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Computer literate with typical office packages and basic computer literacy and the ability to learn new software and applications.