The Director Project Management will be responsible for providing leadership within a single, full service Oral Drug Delivery (O.D.D.) facility to the site Project Management team, ensuring all projects are managed effectively and according to client expectations. The Director Project Management will be an active member of the Global Project Management team, participating in global objectives and driving the development of the global project management function and be an active member of the site leadership team representing Project Management, participating in site decisions and initiatives and striving to meet revenue, metrics and goals. The Director Project Management will supervise, mentor and develop Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, and Coordinators.
- Directly involved in the winning of business for Catalent, maintains and develops successful business relationship with new and existing clients and represents global project management for Catalent with customers and throughout the organization.
- To promote continuous improvement in all aspects of the job: coordination with Sales, Operations, Client Services, EH&S, and QA to ensure the highest level of client service.
- Effectively support, supervise and monitor performance of Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers, and Coordinators in the management of assigned projects.
- Ensure the project management team are trained and developed appropriately to meet the needs of the business and allow individuals to reach their full potential.
- Ensure the project management team complies to all PM process/tools/metrics.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate resource available and allocation of work within team.
- To be responsible for ensuring that a safe working environment is maintained for himself/herself and his/her colleagues by observing all safety procedures and working methods, and by reading, understanding and following all documents issued or notified to him/her
- Provide effective support to teams as required and be the point of escalation for issues that Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, and Coordinators need support to resolve.
- In-depth knowledge of the contract development / research, pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Proven knowledge of project management
- Customer related experience and excellent client facing skills - desire to meet and indeed exceed customers' expectations
- Demonstrated leadership along with negotiation, presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
Catalent's standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops