The Director, Project Management and Global Innovation is responsible for overseeing the effective execution of key strategic initiatives and leading processes across the brands in such a way that high degrees of alignment with the brand strategies are achieved. Such processes may include single or multi-yearstrategic initiatives, ongoing processes such as innovation, commercialization of Big Stories, or other needs created by the brands.
This leader is a ‘Strategic Do-er’ with leadership qualities that inspire collaboration and trust to influence cross functional teams. This position carries a high degree of influence on the direction of the company and brands, as well as a high degree of accountability for ensuring strategies are executed through reliable processes.
- Creation and management of key processes that drive project management, strategy execution, and Commercialization of key strategic priorities. Processes include reporting, KPIs, and state gate management.
- Partner with leadership to identify strategically aligned growth opportunities, and develop plans for executing supporting initiatives, which may include sustaining, stretch, and breakthrough innovation.
- Drive brand Global Innovation portfolio strategy including, oversight of the FEI process and 3-year Innovation Roadmap management.
- Lead project management team.
- Maintain high levels of communication (up, down, and across) and across brands.
- Coach and develop Team members. Manage team by establishing and monitoring goals and processes; conduct timely performance appraisals of direct reports. Align team goals with brand initiatives. Develop and manage departmental budget.
- 10+ years’ experience with project and process management, extensive exposure to strategy processes
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strategic thinker with formal business education, willingness to learn
- Strong leadership
- Strategic vision
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Skilled at working cross functionally at all levels of the organization
- Keen focus on tactical integration and measurable results
- Innovation and Strategy experience with demonstrated expertise in delivering strategic initiatives