- Assembles and leads proposal response team and develops proposal strategy and budget. Manages and coordinates response efforts for RFQ, RFP and preparation of proposals.
- Writes/reviews/edits proposal content.
- Reviews/edits design, scope, drawings, specifications, cost estimates and schedules.
- Establishes price and fees.
- Leads presentation of proposal and prospect follow-up.
- Negotiates contract terms with client.
- Directs preparation of conceptual estimate and periodic revisions thereto.
- Develops procurement and delivery strategy and schedules. Authorizes advance procurement of long-lead items where advantageous, securing client authorization as necessary.
- Leads design kick-off meeting. Directs overall project design and permitting activities, working through A/E Project Principal. Assures that conceptual estimate is used as a basis for project design. Leads client design review meetings. Reviews drawings and specifications prior to each issuance.
- Establishes broad, overall strategy for construction. Approves construction project management organization and assignment of key individuals. Orients ConstructionProject Manager, when assigned, to project objectives, strategies and client relationship.
- Directs preparation of, and approves, all schedules including design schedule, master project schedule, and construction progress schedule, and periodic schedule revisions. Makes key decisions affecting schedule, consulting with client as appropriate.
- Directs preparation of and approves detailed cost estimate. Assists in resolution of discrepancies or conflicts between conceptual and detailed estimates.
- Participates in construction kick-off meeting.
- Reviews project status, budget and schedule with ConstructionProject Manager on a regular basis. Participates in client changes and negotiations as needed. Approves initial billing Schedule of Values. Reviews Summary Cost Reports.
- Visits project site periodically. Solicits client feedback.
- Education/background/experience in construction, architecture, engineering, business development.
- Minimum ten years’ experience, two years Haskell culture.
- Degree and licensure in architecture or engineering preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.:
- Leadership, business, management, organization, interpersonal relationships, sales/presentation, writing, communication, negotiation, estimating/pricing and scheduling.