Director, Programmatic Planning
1. Directs programmatic planning efforts, including System-wide Rail Analysis, Transit Friendly Planning and Station Access and Parking. Directs the coordination of these efforts to produce a multimodal system encompassing all the modes of transit and ridesharing operated and funded by NJ TRANSIT.
Directs the development and provision of information for NJ TRANSIT's senior management to understand and prioritize candidate capital investments, resulting in capital and operating funding decisions.
2. Directs staff and consultants in the development of scopes of work, budgets, schedules, resource allocations, final products and presentation to NJ TRANSIT staff, other agencies and the public.
3. Directs a multi-disciplinary capital planning staff to ensure that products are coordinated across transportation modes, are high quality, the products exceed management expectations, and finally budgets and schedules are adhered to and maintained.
4. Proactively creates a blended set of staff and consultant team efforts to develop the multimodal investment agenda sought by the Executive Director, including adjusting study goals and objectives, scopes of work, timeframes and other appropriate means to cause the realignment of efforts sought consistent with targets established by senior management, including but not limited to the Senior Director, Capital Planning and the Chief Planner.
5. Communicates frequently with elected and appointed government officials, business and community leaders and NJ TRANSIT senior management to present analysis, findings and recommendations for further action.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Planning, Urban Planning, Economics, Transportation or related field and ten (10) or more years of experience in transportation planning, with substantial experience in public transit planning and multimodal planning. Experience initiating, managing and directing complex multimodal transportation planning programs and coordinating a set of planning initiatives involving managing large teams of consultants desired. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills required. A Master of Science degree in the aforementioned fields is desirable.