Director - Program Operations & Product Owner
The Director of Program Operations and Product Owner at Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (TPG) reports directly to the President and Chief Operating Officer (COO). This position is responsible for overseeing program operations of the company and for strategically designing key product and process changes under the direction of the COO. This individual is responsible for the effective design, execution, and maintenance of program operations which includes maximizing revenue generation and profitability opportunities. The Director of Program Operations and product owner works cross functionally to influence and shape product strategy, drive change for key operational issues, and prioritize product change requests based on impacts to volume, customers, revenue, resources and other relevant metrics.
The Director of Program Operations and product owner is responsible for gathering key customer insights and feedback to influence the roadmap and prioritization of potential product and process changes. They will collaborate closely with their product and design teams to ensure operational team processes are factored into new product development plans and designs, and to integrate solutions to identify user experience issues.
- Drives product and process initiatives by prioritizing tasks against resources available, contributing to short term and long term organizational planning and strategy implementation.
- Analyzes key pain points of the user experience and aggregates customer issues using internal tools, customer surveys, and queries of all available data sources.
- Understands and communicates all upcoming product feature and user experience changes to key stakeholders while influencing process changes and product design by assessing risks to the company.
- Develops and manages annual department budgets and revenue goals. Oversees monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Product ownership of the Refund Transfer portfolio, which in 2017, encompassed over 11.8+ million taxpayer transactions, supports 28K+ tax professionals, two banking partners, and processes $36+ billion in federal funds. This includes, but is not limited, to the following:
- Collaborate with internal teams to define business and product requirements, evaluate market trends, conduct competitive analysis, write user stories, create wireframes as necessary to inform development and QA.
- Implement product with external stakeholders, including managing due diligence with banking partners as well as managing transmitter product integration.
- Manage new product and feature roadmaps cross functionally, from strategic planning through implementation.
- Product ownership of the taxpayer advance portfolio, which consists of three separate product lines in 2018 with an expected lending portfolio of $200+ million.
- Product ownership of the in-house underwriting initiative, which, once executed will save the company at least $1 million and will remove our dependency for outsourcing underwriting to Meta Bank (our competitor).
- Ownership of the multiple company initiatives, which significantly enhance the customer experience and help drive sales volume. Some of these projects include but are not limited to:
- Spanish Initiative project, which provides clients tools to promote product sales for the Spanish-speaking market.
- Call Center project, which reduces reputation risk by analyzing the customer escalation process between TPG and GDOT. Project ensures the customer has an efficient and effective experience and that a “one-company” voice is provided to the card customer.
- Customer Communications initiative, which includes development of a new ERO-facing phone application, and centralization and review of all transactional customer emails.
Business Line Management
- Participates on various senior and business level committees and project teams to insure Organizational initiatives are identified and managed appropriately.
- Supports business units in the assessment of organizational priorities with new products, strategic initiatives, outside service providers, services, etc.
- Works as internal consultant to analyze and enhance customer experience (i.e. customer web messaging, IVR routing, call scripts, and FAQs for self-servicing) to ensure a high quality customer experience.
- Assists external sales department with escalated customer issues and problem resolution matters.
- Works cross functionally with IT department as Customer Service Liaison to ensure internal customer comments align with business needs and requirements to handle incoming calls (for internal and external call centers).
- Works directly with external staffing agency to collaborate on onboarding standards for seasonal employees to ensure staffing resources are sufficiently experienced.
Third Party Relationship Management
- Responsible for conceptualizing and designing key operational processes based on business need and EFP enhancement requests.
- Responsible for mapping out customer impact (EROs and Taxpayers) for product or process changes.
- As a result of updated processes and/or new products, required to design customer flow wireframes, call center scripts, and provide training decks to Management (for distribution to onsite and offsite customer service staff).
- Works collaboratively with EFP subject matter experts to align customer messaging, including consulting on design of external call center messaging.
- Responsible for bank performance monitoring, including SLA reporting and maintenance, as well as ongoing relationship management (i.e. weekly, monthly, and annual performance calls).
- Cultivates existing banking relationships and serve as key liaison to report and distribute product or process changes, including direct oversight for TPG’s key program and product documentation.
- Collaborates cross functionally with internal and external sales teams to understand industry trends and competitive landscape in order to build the strategic initiatives and current product offerings.
- Participates in sales strategy and product design meetings to ensure TPG products and services appropriately meet the needs of the market and maximize revenue to the business.
- Builds process analysis and product work flow documents to ensure smooth operation of TPG products and a high quality customer experience.
- Oversees third party relationship program, including performance reporting of key vendors and business partners.
- BS/BA degree in Business or related field required.
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Product Operations, Product Management, Technical Support, Quality Assurance, or related field
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in gathering business insights and identifying trends from data, including combination of data from multiple sources.
- Cross functional collaboration and negotiation skills. Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in financial management and creating financial forecasts, CPA a plus.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Working knowledge of other business analytics tools (e.g., Tableau and Business Objects) a plus
- Familiarity with issue management systems such as JIRA
- Sufficient with Product Management tools such as Confluence
- Familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce and Zendesk
- Prior work experience with consumer facing internet websites desirable.
- Prior work experience in a Voice of Customer role a plus.