The Pharmacy Systems leader will support the Research & Development department of a Medical Device manufacturer. The position will manage multiple projects simultaneously, interfacing with both inside and outside resources to bring new product concepts to market. Will have project responsibilities, but also assume a supervisory role of Electrical and Mechanical engineering disciplines
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Fulfill technical lead role having overall ownership of R&D Pipeline for Pharmacy Systems.
- Actively direct the development of original design concepts and support all the way through to manufacturing transfer.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to define clinical and mechanical performance criteria and develop engineering performance specifications, including life cycle improvements.
- Actively manage outside vendors and internal resources to achieve accountability from all team members.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent electrical and mechanical aptitude and understanding of engineering mechanics.
- Skilled in project leadership and ability to expedite project completion.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytic, and computer skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Biomedical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent discipline, a master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing medical device product development.
- Experience in pharmacy compounding or infusion pump (510K/PMA Products) in the infusion therapy and/or oncology space strongly preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Typically requires travel less than 10% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Work may periodically be performed in a laboratory and tool room environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit or stand for long periods of time; depending on the equipment they are operating
- Must be able to occasionally move and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.