About the Team
As the Program Management team within Operations, we prioritize, advocate for, and execute on projects, improvements, and pilots to deliver a best-in-class customer experience for our teachers and donors. We serve as Operations' intra-org representative, balancing the needs of our customers with an eye toward operational efficiency.
About the role:
As the leader of the Program Management team within Operations, you'll use project management expertise, relationship and management skills, and communications mastery to lead and support the successful execution of cross-functional projects that impact our key stakeholders: teachers, donors, volunteers, and staff. You'll manage the lead(s) that are responsible for representing Operations in cross-team work on teacher/donor campaigns, product changes, funding opportunities, pilots/expansions, and policy improvements.
- Report to the VP of Operations and own the Program Management function on Operations.
- Lead the vision for your team, develop criteria against which your team's work is prioritized in alignment with Ops and org objectives, set ambitious quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs), and track progress against them.
- Manage 2 full time employees (one remote and one in-office) and create a team culture that motivates members to collaborate cross-functionally, effectively advocate for their stakeholders, grow professionally, and have fun doing so.
- Act as the primary Ops liaison for Product and Engineering. Play a collaborative role and represent your stakeholders in new feature development, QA testing, and prioritizing needs initiated by Ops.
- Manage and effectively prioritize the competing needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders, given limited resources.
- Dig into the data to help define and track Ops' progress toward metrics and goals, and make data-driven decisions to better our work.
- Use and build your network to better our work by proactively seeking opportunities to bring in outside perspectives and network with peers.
This position might be for you if you:
- Have experience managing and leading a team with diverse roles and responsibilities, and value their continual professional growth.
- Enjoy balancing the needs of diverse stakeholders and understand their perspectives from both the 30,000-foot and on-the-ground views.
- Have experience managing complex, cross-functional projects.
- Are an excellent communicator—you pride yourself on your clarity and concision.
- Take the initiative and encourage others to learn from everyone around you—e.g., colleagues, managers, direct reports.
- Enjoy forging meaningful collaborative relationships with your colleagues.
- Are organized and agile, balancing multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment and game to take on new challenges as they come your way.
- Are a self starter. You own your areas of expertise, advocate for the best results for your stakeholders, and are a team player.
- Are curious, creative, and user-focused.
- Have a proven ability to use data to improve processes and metrics.
- Believe in taking calculated risks and aren't afraid to fail forward.