Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and services principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Control and Communication Systems is comprised of seven wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline.
Our product and service brands include: AVISTA® software and systems engineering services; KORRY® cockpit display and control products; MASON™ flight controls; RACAL Acoustics® military headsets, and PALOMAR products for secure communications systems, Our operations are located in Platteville, WI; Everett, WA; Sylmar, CA; Harrow, UK; and Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.
Reporting to the Korry President, the Director, Program Management Office (Korry) is responsible for delivering a superior customer experience through leadership of multiple customer-facing functions and team members including; Product Line Management, New Product Program Management, and Strategic Account Management.
This role directs the development and implementation of the Program Management Office to manage a portfolio of programs for Korry and assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of program management methodologies and tools, providing a governance structure for program managers and establishment and integration of PMO measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with business needs and corporate objectives.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate Program Management Office policies, procedures, standards and metrics
- Implement continuous improvement strategies and tactics defined by Program Management and using leading industry standard tools and processes (e.g. Project Management Body of Knowledge methodology) to assure that product development activities are completed on schedule and on budget to meet the needs of the customer and the business
- Provide oversight in regards to risk and change management for all aspects of the business including new product development, sustaining programs and product line management
- Provide guidance and oversight for cost, schedule, and resource management as related to new product development
- Responsible for engaging with key stakeholders in the prioritization of projects/programs in order to meet the strategic objectives and maximize the revenue.
- Review, discuss and resolve program issues across various departments to increase customer satisfaction and resolve customer concerns
- Coordinate product line management and program management activities across multiple Esterline Control and Communication Systems sites for major customers and provides program assessment / assistance as required including defining project scope, project start-up, execution, and completion requirements
- Communicate product line, program management and strategic account management requirements for implementation across the site and with key stakeholders
- Train, support, and hold all internal customer-facing resources accountable to report within program management framework
- Ensure program management processes are being used consistently across the site
- Team with Finance, Contract Administration and Sales & Marketing to provide oversight in negotiations on pre-award contract terms and conditions, and post-award changes-of-scope to existing programs
- Provide guidance and oversight to program managers in regards to Program Reviews to Senior Management to review status of schedule, financial, risk mitigation, staffpower loading, and other aspects of each major program
- Responsible for developing and implementing NPI Stage Gate Process matching to the business, Engineering, and Manufacturing/Operations
- Performs other related duties which may be assigned
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
What You Will Bring:
- 15years of increasingly responsible and relevant experience, preferably in the aerospace industry
- 10 years esperience leading and managing teams of direct reports, including prior leadership of a large and complex Program Management Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field or finance and MBA or Master Degreepreferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Extensive knowledge of program management tools, processes and metrics, and the ability to train and educate others is required.
- Experience in managing complex programs that span several major domestic and worldwide locations, requiring coordination of technology and/or production across locations.
- Experience in managing systems at the Tier One OEM Aerospace level.
- Experience with Commercial and Military programs.
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional resources to meet customer requirements for deliverables, on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage and support multiple programs simultaneously
- Familiar with Work Breakdown Structure generation
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Project (or similar tools)