The position has end to end program management responsibility for NFC, Secure Element combo chips for mobile devices. This covers responsibility for defining, developing, and delivery to mobile customers. This individual will be a key interface to the customer.
- Responsibility for overall planning, development targets, resources and budget
- Managing and tracking program execution across the organization
- Defining priorities, scope and SoW as required
- Driving project implementation with partners, assuring alignment with all project teams
- Defining and enforcing the program management flow, ensuring application of the defined process: gate reviews, design reviews, test reviews and certification
- Driving and delivering on-time reports
- Aligning with other corporate NXP organizations and general business strategy
Qualifications and Experience
Education: A bachelor’s degree is assumed with a preference for a BSEE. A master’s in electricalengineering, physics, computer science or the equivalent is preferred
Experience: A successful candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry with a strong track record of driving IC programs, embedded software projects and system solutions. This person will have spent significant time as Program / Project Manager for complex projects.
This person will have subject matter expertise in the application, technology, development life-cycle and overall product planning of ASICs for the targeted markets. Additionally, this position requires strong technical expertise that can drive, develop and mentor this product line.
The Program Manager is accountable for the full program life cycle ranging from product idea to end of life. As the owner of best practice for program management, this person must help drive execution across all teams. This includes:
- Deep knowledge in project management and business development
- PMP/PMI or other relevant PM qualification is beneficial but not required
- Business fluency in English is a prerequisite
- Experienced Manager with proactive and solution oriented approach
- Ability to drive business and innovation
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with complex environments
- Very good training and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong social competence and ability to work across and integrate multi-cultural teams and interfaces
Program Manage Complex, Fast-Paced Development Projects
This person will be a technically gifted program manager who can lead the end to end life cycle of the products in NXP’s Mobile Platform Product line. The right person will know how to listen to customer’s needs throughout the process in order to deliver the highest quality product. We also seek someone who has the ability to lead with a sense of urgency, as this product line is in a rapidly evolving and competitive space.
We seek a technically-astute individual who can communicate effectively to engineers or customers. We are looking for someone who cannot only become a peer in discussions about new product and road map definition, but who can dramatically extend the reach of NXP’s products and technologies to customers around the world.
Effective Leadership in a Matrixed Organization
This role utilizes engineering talent in a matrixed organization. The right person knows how to effectively manage this type of group in order to deliver a quality product.
Additionally, this person can collaborate with other groups in the company to leverage
NXP’s status as a leader in ASIC design and development.
Results-Driven Team Player
We are looking for someone with a passion and commitment to make NXP the trusted resource to our customers. The right candidate doesn’t shrink from risks or challenges, is tenacious and can capably navigate through any organizational, operational and strategic issues with credibility and persuasiveness.