Director - Program Management
Mercury is looking for an experienced Director of Program Management to join its growing DoD program team which is responsible for strengthening the Program Management functions and providing Business Management leadership across key captures and multi-business unit Programs.
You are responsible for
- Providing Program Management leadership as part of strategic captures teams to ensure that Mercury delivers timely, compliant, cost effective solution to customers and including the negotiation and closure of the business deal.
- Coordination with the Global Sales team to understand customer requirements, schedule, and price targets and then build a program proposal that will be executable upon award.
- Acts as the focal point of contact with the customer for programmatic, contractual and business matters on any given proposal or program execution, and is a liaison with customers and internal departments for all matters affecting the successful landing of assigned programs.
- Providing timely into priority decisions concerning resources across competing priorities based upon business level strategy.
- Varied experience transitioning from the capture phase of a strategic program to the execution phase to deliver on business commitments and customer commitments.
- Extensive experience negotiating strategic programs to include commercial items sold to the Department of Defense is a must.
- Experience reviewing proposals for adequacy and the ability to build a strong and trusted relationship with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) is also critical.
- Coordination between the pricing and finance function, the contracts organization, and the proposal team to ensure that proposal schedules are met.
- Experience building comprehensive business cases to be used for proposal review and signoff .
- The desired candidate will demonstrate a strategic approach to proposal development, estimating, negotiation, administration, change management, and dispute resolution as a key contributor to senior management team.
- Proven experience building proactive and success oriented capture and execution teams
- Demonstrated ability to conduct timely negotiations, resolve customer issues, and optimize cash flow in contract management.
- Identify and assess risks and opportunities against the execution or proposal baseline.
- Experienced Program Management lead for both product groups and service organizations.
- Expertise in USG, International, and Commercial contract negotiation and management.
- Compliance with FAR, DFAR, ITAR, and Export Regulations.
- Managed all contract types; FFP, FPIF, CPFF, CPAR, T&M, IDIQ and BOA.
- Established systems to ensure compliance with Purchasing (CPSR) and Estimating System reviews.
- Lead with internal and outside counsel as well as executive level business management on critical issues
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting, English or other related major/minor
- Professional Certification (preferred): PMP, CPCM, CFCM or similar
- 7+ years of program capture and execution experience with US DoD (DFARS) content
- Strong communication skills, including ability to lead in-person negotiations
- Very strong written and spoken English language skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level security clearance