Description: Job Title: Director, Program Management/Site LeadJob Code: SAS20211501-55146Job Location: Dulles, VAJob Description:
L3Harris Technologies' Special Communications (SPC) Enterprise, housed in a 50,000 sq. ft. facility located in Dulles, VA is looking for a Site Lead / Program Director with a minimum of 15+ years of results-oriented business and program management experience. This role is responsible for providing overall leadership to position the Special Comm's Enterprise at the forefront of the customers it serves. Additionally, the role requires developing and successfully executing a strategic plan to advance the Special Comm's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization. The qualified individual will be responsible for the oversight and management of a multi-function, geographically dispersed team. In this role, the individual will coordinate and synchronize the activities of the various business functions (Engineering, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Operations, etc.) to efficiently and successfully meet the objectives of the operating plan. Role reports into Division Vice President.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Dulles site and overall Special Comm's Enterprise business area, with satellite offices in MD and IL
- Responsible for maintaining strong technology roadmaps to ensure growth and relevancy of the SPC Enterprise
- Develops and executes strategic marketing plans to advance the business area mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Maintains and manages financial forecasting and reports, to include annual operating and strategic growth plans (AOP, SGP) to senior leadership accordingly
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, proposal work statements, specifications, and program budgets
- Provides program management leadership for full life-cycle development of SPC systems & services, including definition of system requirements, design, development, integration, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Reviews program status and budget; manages schedules and prepares status reports for customers and senior management
- Responsible for meeting contractual commitments including the cost, schedule, technical, and quality performance of assigned program(s) within contractual boundaries, company expectations, and established standards
- Responsible for growing the program and its product(s) by ensuring ongoing customer satisfaction of current contractual requirements, working with the customer to identify future product and system enhancements and refinements, and identifying and pursuing additional markets and customers for the solutions(s)
- Responsible for ensuring and promoting an environment of continuous improvement
- Responsible for successfully interacting with a matrix organization to coordinate technical, financial, contractual, security and operational functions to meet business and program goals
- Actively promotes a positive company culture and fosters employee engagement
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Secret Clearance
- 5+ years' experience of satellite communications architectures, technologies and market strategy
- 10+ years' experience managing a business area or functional team
- 15+ years' experience analyzing business unit and financial statements, optimizing performance at a P&L level
- Working knowledge of engineering development projects and programs for the US Government and knowledge/experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations
- 4+ years' experience in both engineering development and production of defense articles in a government contracting environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior level customer representatives and internal leadership alike
- Ability to be agile, with good organizational and time management skills; a self-starter willing to take ownership and lead an experienced team to success
- Experience in managing Department of Defense, Department of State and Intelligence Community programs with a strong knowledge of SATCOM architectures is highly desirable.