L3Harris is looking for a Director of Program Management. The Director of Program Management is responsible for overall program management and is accountable for program execution, customer satisfaction, and financial performance for the Mission Systems product line under the Military Avionics Division. This position will have a direct interface with customers, suppliers and stakeholder leadership. The role includes responsibility for guiding L3Harris' employees in their work and influencing them to deliver their best and to act within the L3Harris corporate values. The key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for leading a team of 10 or more Program Managers and the programs they are managing; Career Development, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Coaching & Mentoring.
- Responsible for high-level relationship management.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, maintaining customer communication, and the overall management of the customer relationship.
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of multiple programs through all phases from inception to completion.
- Directs the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Ensures that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production and facilities are available to support the program.
- Involved in defining program parameters or guiding internal research and development efforts in assigned field.
- Works with customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Solves highly complex problems with significant business impact.
- Interacts internally with management and customers on significant business matters.
- Development and management of financial forecasts.
- Candidate will participate in overall marketing strategies and business planning in support of L3Harris initiatives and strategic corporate business pursuits. As required, the candidate will lead and support planning for and involvement in applicable trade shows.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Management or a technical field and 15+ years of related experience.
- Experience leading/managing diverse teams.
- Experience planning, organizing, directing, and executing challenging tasks to completion.
- Experience providing and reinforcing the credibility and commitment of company at appropriate executive levels within the customer community.
- Previous work experience organizing and coordinating customer visits, participation in appropriate symposiums and trade shows.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Understanding of the customer procurement processes and government funding approval.
- Ability to make effective decisions regarding the profitability and achievability of pursuits.