This role will lead a highly talented team designing, building, testing, developing and ultimately qualifying for flight high performance liquid rocket engines. In this position, you will own and operate all aspects of a large program, responsible for overall cost, schedule and technical performance required for engine design, development, test, production and sustainment. Responsibilities will include managing upgrades with focus on unit cost reduction, producibility, and performance improvements ensuring certification for flight and supporting our commercial operations. You will lead our cross functional product-based teams through development and definition, designing hardware and software, developing operational procedures, support tooling and fabrication design, and work with assembly and operations personnel to test and deliver our engines within schedule and budget.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Internal and external engagement
- Delivery of operational engine systems to our internal and external customers within budget and schedule constraints ensuring priority to quality and safety
- Develop program strategies and plans to execute supporting company vision
- Leadership and coaching of team
- Program planning & executing including scope, scheduling and resource allocation
- Risk and opportunity management
- Budget management and tracking with emphasis on planning and meeting commitments
- Tracking, reporting, and communicating status, critical path, challenges and solutions
- Technical oversight and authority of a range of hardware and software solutions
- Requirement allocation, design, analysis and verification
- Management of engine interfaces
- Support ongoing efforts to identify, recruit, and interview candidates for the team
- Support to Business Development team to tailor capabilities to meet emerging needs
- Minimum of a B.S. degree
- 15+ years industry experience in progressive program management roles – components to subsystem to system
- Hard-charging, highly energetic, organized PM to quickly jump in lead the program through qualification while working and managing Product Costs and transition from development to production
- Successful experience leading large program with over $50M annual revenue and 100+ people
- Analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases, as well as the ability to clearly communicate insights to others.
- Extreme attention to detail and desire to roll up your your sleeves while insisting on high standards.
- Set and delivery aggressive goals for development, manufacturing, operations and sales to support 5 year planning and program commitments
- Build a strong organization providing leadership, hiring and developing a high performance team
- Ability to lead customer and partner engagements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing small and large teams on fast-paced hardware and flight projects.
- Ability to lead and hold accountable a geographically dispersed team
- Experience with logic linked scheduling and Cost Account Management
- Experience with IMP/IMS, risk management, configuration management, requirements management processes
- Experience in budget management and reporting
- Leadership and management experience as well as a history of mentoring
- Passionate about space exploration and a future with millions of people living and working in space
- Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex technical work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- PMP credential or equivalent
- Bachelors, MBA or MS in Engineering or Aerospace field
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle
- 10 years+ experience and technical depth in gasair-breathing or liquid rocket propulsion
- Experience with human spaceflight or high performance aircraft systems
- Experience with Primavera (P6), DOORS, CREO, Windchill
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, fabrication, integration processes, quality and configuration management systems
- Experience with proposal leadership or support (tech/mgmt volumes, BOE development, etc.)