Director, Professional Revenue Cycle
Alameda Health Partners is recruiting a Director, Professional Revenue cycle to provide leadership and guidance for professional billing and practice management in a high growth medical group. Alameda Health Partners, a newly formed physician hospital organization is a wholly subsidiary of Alameda Health System, a major public health system and medical training institution headquartered in Oakland, CA. The system has more than 4,500 employees and 1,100 physicians and comprises three general acute hospitals, two skilled nursing facilities, an inpatient rehabilitation facility, an inpatient psychiatric facility, and four community wellness centers. The Health System is driven by its mission - Caring, Teaching, Healing, Serving All. The heart of its mission is to promote wellness, eliminate disparities, and improve and maintain the health of the residents of the diverse communities within Alameda County, regardless of ability to pay.
This position is responsible to provide leadership guidance for Professional Revenue Cycle and Practice Management. Guide and support management and staff with Patient Registration, Denial management, Clinical staff operations and supporting Provider needs. Assist with the oversight for the overall policies, objectives and initiatives of Revenue Cycle activities; works collaboratively with Directors, Managers, and Support Staff to review, design, and implement process improvement where needed.
- Assists with the administrative and clinical management of Alameda Health Partners clinics and hospital based services.
- Responsible for maintaining unified processes for all Registration and Check Out functions in clinics and AHP hospital departments.
- Responsible for training and retraining all registration and check out staff in clinics to include Insurance/Contract information, Check-In functions, Check-Out functions.
- Provides coding and charge capture training for Physicians, Residents, and all non-MD staff.
- Assists with periodic and random chart auditing.
- Ensures patient needs are in the forefront and are identified, monitored, and practices modified to maximize patient satisfaction.
- Track and trend patient feedback to enhance patient experience. Maintain survey results to within established standards were possible.
- Motivates, facilitates, mentors and coaches team to deliver high quality, cost effective services.
- Assist Executive Director with maintaining revenue cycle MBO?s goals defined within established industry and/or Health standards and provides guidance for accountability and ownership at the appropriate level.
- Ensures that organizational integrity/regulatory standards are maintained in all revenue cycle policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure that all team members know and understand their role related to regulatory compliance.
- Assist and provides support with staff leadership through operations staff, including assisting with hiring, disciplinary actions, and position allocations.
- Assist with the overall responsibility for assigned departmental budget oversight. Including routine monitoring, adjustment and annual budget development process.
- Work collaboratively with other caregivers and teams throughout the healthcare system to ensure that revenue and reimbursement properly report and support the services provided.
- Manages and maintains Health System-wide Revenue Cycle policies, standards, processes and procedures. Provide appropriate education, training and monitoring or these policies.
- Supports and works with billing, coding, and System AHS revenue capture and analysts for maximization of charging and billing systems.
- Provides support and guidance as a Liaison between Finance and Clinical operations.
- Other duties as assigned as needed.
- Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by Alameda Health System Standards of Behavior, Policy and Procedures, and Scope of Services.
- Role model AHP and AHS Standards of Behavior.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Current office administrative practices and procedures. Use independent judgment and initiative within established policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of patient focused revenue cycle operations with a metric-driven, performance-based culture of accountability
- Excellent decision-making, delegating, communication skills written and verbal, and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to foster an environment of teamwork, professionalism
- , customer satisfaction, high performance, and mutual respect of others, a ?make it happen? approach and the ability to execute stellar customer service.
- RequiredEducation: Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- RequiredExperience: Three years working in a hospital or medical office; and 3years' experience in a supervisory position; experience in revenue cycle management, coding, billing, fee schedule evaluation and regulatory compliance.
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
About Alameda Health Partners:
Alameda Health Partners, Inc. (AHP) is a multi-specialty physician hospital organization established by Alameda Health System to coordinate and support providers in delivering high quality, efficient, value-based care to the patients and communities served by AHS. AHP is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of AHS.