Director Professional Practice Clinical Education
The Director of Professional Practice and Clinical Education promotes professional development through leadership and active participation in hospital-wide initiatives designed to enhance clinical competency, professional development and ongoing professional practice evaluation. Such initiatives include providing and facilitating initiatives that encourage certification and advancement of education related to the FHT strategic goals, staff education/training/mentoring, research, publication, regulatory compliance, nursing committees/task forces, leadership-focused projects and inter-collaborative practice.
Consistently scans trends, emerging practice, and emerging trends in professional development to ensure FHT maintains clinical excellence that meets and exceeds national benchmarks. Conducts annual learning needs assessments, develops short and long-term goals and strategic plans that align with organizational imperatives. The director will develop and manage a comprehensive program that provides nursing and clinical orientation and training, annual competency validation, continuing education, and provides data analysis on compliance to same. Develops continuing education and clinical research support, in-service, workshops and other related activities that support clinical teams to deliver safe, quality of care. Collaborates closely with department managers and directors, risk, quality, pharmacy, clinical informatics, regulatory management, physician liaisons, and others, to ensure seamless on-boarding and orientation of new employees, as well as orientation and training and competency oversight of existing employees is sound and based on information gathered from a global perspective.
Serves as the designated lead for ANCC-Magnet program planning, application and sustainability. Represents nursing while serving as an active voting member on the facility’s Institution Review Board. Develops and fosters relationships with local schools and hospitals promoting partnerships and best practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to function in a multi-faceted role.
- Ability to work as a team member with peers, staff, patients, physicians, and executive leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to meet department goals.
- Requires knowledge of educational/training development of staff members in clinical settings.
- Ability to develop aspiring leaders, transition clinicians throughout organization thus assisting with professional development, lead teams and achieve expected outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Experience managing diverse work teams.
- Experience with high reliability methodology.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in nursing, or related health-care field, from an accredited college of nursing.
- Current BLS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice from an accredited college of nursing
- Minimum of four years current experience, including at least two years at management and/or educational/academia experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current active licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of Florida licensure application and eligibility by endorsement.
- Certification in professional development or related education specialty