March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We’re advocating for policies to protect them. We’re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We’re pioneering research to find solutions. We’re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we’re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
Develop and execute strategies to support March of Dimes’ position as a leading provider in maternal child health of health professional continuing education programs nationwide.
- Develop the strategy for MOD health professional education (nursing and other specialties). Oversee the creation of MOD professional education offerings (modules, webinars, conferences), identify learning needs, identify content experts, develop content and teaching strategies, design evaluation methodologies for activities that carry contact hour credits, and serve as editor for MOD continuing education content.
- Lead and collaborate with March of Dimes Nurse Advisory Council Chair and members to best utilize their expertise in support of March of Dimes projects.
- Establish scope of work and timeline with each author. Manage authors as they develop outlines and drafts. Coordinate the internal and external review processes and guide authors as they incorporate feedback from reviewers. Collaborate with other staff throughout the editorial and production process.
- Ensure that continuing education materials are comprehensive, current, scholarly, up to date with the most current thinking and research in medicine and nursing, and consistent with the mission and goals of the March of Dimes.
- Ensure compliance with American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) CNE requirements.
- Complete educational activity overviews and oversee educational activity documentation.
- Facilitate collaboration between the March of Dimes and leading perinatal nurses and nursing organizations in the United States.
- Represent the March of Dimes to national nursing associations and credentialing bodies and at national and state nursing and health-related meetings. Speak on behalf of the March of Dimes as needed.
- 8-10 years experience
- Master's degree in Nursing, Public Health or related areas
- RN License
- Knowledge of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation education design criteria.
- Familiarity with education and adult learning principles.
- Strong writing, editing, analytical, speaking and presentation skills.
- Established contacts within the perinatal community a plus.
- Creativity, ability to handle multiple priorities, relationship development, excellent oral and written communication.