As the Director, Business Analysis – Production Support and Data, you will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results for Lincoln’s Underwriting & New Business area. You will direct the coordination and collaboration of business stakeholders and IT teams to support existing systems, provide technical support, development support data governance, and enhance technology solutions that meet the needs, goals and objectives for Underwriting & New Business.
- Interface with external vendors and multiple IT teams to resolve production issues.
- Develop and maintain a process to resolve technology issues impacting producers.
- Design and implement a data governance process for Underwriting and New Business.
- Ensures Business Analysts follow a standard process for all deliverables to the project (complex requirements are articulated, documented and validated).
- Advises key internal stakeholders and provides appropriate direction to team members to ensure solutions meet business needs.
- Provides expertise and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders and management to assess, select and recommend complex solutions and alternative approaches that will achieve business goals.
- Collaborates effectively with appropriate stakeholders and management on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned projects. Develops mitigation plans.
- Determines and recommends the most appropriate response to identified complex problems, issues and defects by assessing impact and prioritization.
- Serves as a Business Analysis subject matter expert between Underwriting & New Business Technology and appropriate stakeholders to ensure more complex business requirements, needs and solutions are effectively communicated and understood by all parties.
- Drives changes to the organization through the complex analysis, design and implementation of the business processes that achieve business objectives.
- May develop and manage budgets and expenses.
- 4 YearBachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- 7+ Years of experience in Business Analysis – Life New Business Operations Experiencepreferred
- 3+ years of Managerial, Supervisory, and demonstrated Leadership Experience
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems and triage defects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion.