Director, Production Operations
The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission, along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality and innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Director, Production Operations to join the LifeNet Health team in our Virginia Beach, VA location.
As the Director, Production Operations, you would be responsiblefor managing and directing assigned production departments within LifeNet Health’s multi-site production and logisticsdivision. Works with the VP, Process Engineers, and Quality Systems Engineers to ensure productionoperations are in compliance with the FDA, ISO and AATB regulations.
Responsible for all quality, cost, andoperational elements regarding production of clinical products. Directs implementation of lean practices withinProduction Operations.
Works closely with supporting departments, including Planning, Quality Records, andLogistics to ensure timely and efficient throughput of donors and grafts. Collaborates with all Divisions ofLifeNet Health in regard to production plans, standards and schedules. Partners with VP for budget preparationand administration. Performs other administrative functions as appropriate.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
- Directs the supervisory staff regarding day-to-day execution of production operations (multi-site 24/7environment), support operations, and production enhancement and improvement initiatives.
- Analyzes production department functions and graft production, and makes or recommends operatingdecisions.
- Oversees the Production Operations QSR systems and implements departmental changes as neededto meet the regulatory requirements for all affected allografts.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives and annual budgets (operational and capital) that supportcorporate strategic goals and objectives. Monitors monthly financial performance indicators,investigates variances, and recommends or adjusts operations using Lean techniques.
- Serves on new product development and design control teams to ensure proper validation/qualification/compliance requirements are assessed and met. Makes recommendations forimprovements in product specifications.
- Ensures effective training of Production and Production Support technical staff.
- Achieves departmental goals while maintaining costs within budget.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with contract processing clients.
- Performs periodic performance evaluations on all direct reports on a timely basis and ensuresadequate staffing levels in all departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree inEngineering, Life Sciences,Business Administration, Allied Health or related field.
- AATB (American Association of Tissue Banks) Certification. Must be obtained within 2 years of employment and maintained while in position.
- Minimum 10 years of management experience (leader of mid-size team(s))
- Minimum 7 years of related production operations experience
- Experience with continuous improvement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to think strategically
- Master’s Degree
- Current AATB Certification.
- Previous experience in a regulated FDA environment.
- Experience with LEAN/ Six Sigma
Get to Know LifeNet Health:
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization (“OPO”) and tissue bank in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in transplantation research and regenerative medicine. LifeNet holds the longest running current accreditation by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
Its goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs and tissues for transplantation, as well as innovation in the fields of bio-implants and regenerative medicine, and to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.